cheap power out of a 91 ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EWstryder

any advice on how to make cheap and easy power out of an ls in a 86 rex...

i dont want to bottle feed my car just yet. i was contemplating a vtec head but i dont know which one to get. my ls is out of a 91 integ but can i swap a newer head on the block or am i gonna have to use a dohc zc head...............

one of the cheapest and most effective is of course turbo/super charging, and of course a good tune

you can bolt a vtec head on your teggy...the motor that should be in there is a b18a1..but i would turbo like booby said...because for a little more than its going to cost you to put the vtec head on you could turbo and make alot more power

he said he wanted cheap AND easy. find something that adds 50hp for less than $500 and takes less than 2 hours to install.

cheap isnt the big thing i need to have more power im lookin for 300whp

a good turbo set up, a great tune, good head work (bigger valves, port and polish, ect) things like that should get you to your goal. But the hard part is finding what you want your goal is...well money is always the hard part but still

Turbo setup in that car is possible, its not the roomiest engine bay but it can be done. Wish i had a 1800lb car with a LS swap, that must be sick, Ls vtec is a good way to go, nitrous, turbo. Piston swap, all motor build. Hows spinning 3rd gear feel? Fun aint it?

have you ever driven a 300hp honda?
that's a very good point, drive something with power that you know you can drive and work your way up, it's not like a muscle car where it's 2500+ lbs where 300 hp isn't that much power. it also should be a streetable build

turbo+boost control,you can have low boost to DD it.Then turn up the boost to have fun!!(or blow rods out the oil pan!!)

that's a very good point, drive something with power that you know you can drive and work your way up, it's not like a muscle car where it's 2500+ lbs where 300 hp isn't that much power. it also should be a streetable build

Remember plastic fenders and wheel hop arent probally the best combination either.:(

what muscle car have you seen that weighs 2500 lbs lol

the original mustangs was about 2500lbs but that was with the straight 6 lol

Back