cheap stock parts list.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justastockef

i recently needed a new radiator and was searching all over for one. i found prices ranging from 109.99 -240.00 then i called the last place i expected to find a cheap radiator...NAPA.... turns out it was only 83.00 for the radiator, plus tax. the radiator i got was longer widthwise and had a fluid cooler in it already. it was for auto or manual trans equipped cars. so actually i got a better (bigger and offered an oil cooler) for a cheaper price than everyone else.

i'm wondering if we should compile a list of commonly replaced parts, the cheapest prices, and where to go to get them. that way we wouldn't have posts of "where can i find the cheapest radiator at?"

not sure if others will want to do it but i figured it would be an easy way to figure out where to go and about how much was needed to buy a replacement oem/aftermarket repair part.

let me know what you guys think. but if we compile a list then we would need EXACT part numbers, prices, website url address and such. please no "friend discounts or anything like that" just the best price the average person could walk in and get it for.

If you and anyone else would like to compile a list like this you're welcome to do so. Once it's complete we can make it a "sticky" so that it's easily accessible to anyone.

One question though, are you talking just EF parts here, or parts for all Honda vehicles?

i, personally am talking about just ef parts..... but i don't see why people who drive other models (integras, 92-95 civics, accords etc) can't make one of their own for their own particular forum threads.
i think it would be a good idea for all models to have their own thread like that and hae it made a sticky.
i can only speak for myself in saying i wish i had one when i started this project a few months ago, but thru searching and talking with others i have found a few items that are cheap... but the radiator is the only one personally that i know of... thats why i suggessted others throw their input in and see what we can come up with collectively as a whole.

Back