check engine light help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neildaigle09

Well just had shop replace my d16y7 on my 96 civic. They said they just used the plugs from the motor that had been sitting in the junkyard since they didn't look bad. My check engine light is on, so I had it tested and autozone said either ignition or misfire. The light wasnnt on before the motor was replaced, is it possible that the plugs are bad even though they look ok? thanks, neil

alsoooo- it still shifts smooth, except when I sihift fast into 3rd, it will have a very slight grind. but if Im just regular driving easy, it shifts fine. any opinions? thanks again

Last edited:
Try a synthetic 10w30 for the transmission grinds, it also helps to push the shifter towards the next gear, before pushing the clutch in. For example, in youre running the car through 2nd, while the engines taching out push the shifter gently towards 3rd, this is the shift gate, as soon as you hit the clutch the trans will go rite to 3rd with zero effort and hopefully no grind. Worked well in all my cars and decreased my shift time drastically.

Back