check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importpower99

I have a 95 civic ex, with a b16a swap. I was running the P30 until i got the chipped p28 from skunk 2 then i put the p28 in and my check engine light came on, car was also ideling at 1300. please help
thanks

Somethings probly plugged up to the ecu that doenst need to be. U should check to see if the knock sensor is plugged up, the p28 doesnt call for it. Did u check ur 02 sensor to make shure the connection is good. My friend didnt solder his up and now its throwing that code. Those are the only two things i can think of that could make the light come on after the ecu swap.

i unplugged the wire for the knock sensor and it still was on. And once i put the p30 back on the check engine light goes off. With the key in the on postion the check engine goes out for the p30 but not for the p28.

Originally posted by importpower99@Aug 23 2003, 12:58 AM
i am checking the codes by the way the book says to do it, but my srs light just flashes.

Damn, I have heard this exact same thing before, but I am spacing on where. Are you sure you are jumping the right one? In my civic there are two right next to each other.

there could be a couple of things, one the p28 could be an auto ecu, and two do you have a single wire o2 in the car or a 4 wire o2

Back