check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercivic69

my check engine light is on i dunno why, im not throwing any codes and ive reset the ecu. any suggestions?

Are you sure you checked the check engine light correctly, what happens after the reset procedure?
Are you sure you didn't just leave the short connector in the thing, If you leave it in it will just stay on.
It would also help to know what year make model swap etc.

its a 94 rs with a b18b, when i first checked it was throwin a code 6 so i checked the coolant sensor and i was just unplugged, so then i checked for codes again and no codes, but the light is still on. dont i reset the ecu by unpluggin the battery and the main backup fuse?

just do one or the other, either disconnect the battery, OR remove the 7.5amp backup fuse located under the hood, I always just unhook the battery that way I know, you have to leave it unhooked for a few minutes.
Just make sure that the thing that you plug in to check the codes is NOT plugged in, otherwise the check engine light will stay on.

Back