check light on my swap, can i do this???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

u know how u find the trouble shooting codes, , is it okay to drive around with the codes still blinking(trouble shooting active)??? i just want to know whats wrong all the time. will it mess anything up??

depends on whats wrong. if it's warning you the car is running lean or something then driving it hard could have bad results.

im guessing you talking about a check engine light? in that case your car goes into "gimp" mode and your ecu makes your engine run at the bare minimum aka shitty gas milage and no power. you can check your ecu for the codes by seeing how many times the light blinks. your ecu should be located on the passenger side by the kick panel,

no no no thats not what i mean. u know when people are check for the cel codes, is it alright to leave the pin or what ever it is in there to make the cluster blick all the time?? example, u are getting cel are 10 and 41. is it alright to let it blink (cel 10 and 41) while u drive so u can see the codes blink??. u understand what i am saying?? driving with - , ----. , on the cluster and drive normally. we this effect anything?

Haing a CEL doesn't automatically put you in "limp" mode as said above, it depends on the CEL. And why would you want to drive around with the CEL blinking, that would be annoying, but I don't see that it would mess somthing up.

thanks for that help. i learn sometimes when hit vtec, cel 20 sometimes goes on. thats y its helpful for me. just want to know whats up at that very minute. thats all

Back