Check out this cool bike gif

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well I hope that if I saw a speeding truck in my mirror I would try to move

One more statistic showing that trucks and suvs are not safe for everyone on the road. What an asshole; he was probably looking at the cop, and not even remotely paying attention to what was in front of him.

is it me or did the cop just sit here and watch? police really need to rethink thier actions(or lack thereof), they have been fucking up a lot lately :angry:

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 18 2005, 04:44 AM
is it me or did the cop just sit here and watch? police really need to rethink thier actions(or lack thereof), they have been fucking up a lot lately :angry:
[post=462523]Quoted post[/post]​

wha? how was the cop even remotely able to do anything? He was stopped on the side of the road. It's not his fault the guy in the truck wasn't paying attention. What was the cop gonna do? "watch out! you're gonna get....(SMASH)"

ban SUVS (yes i know its a truck but whateverrrr)

Originally posted by FFCiv@Feb 18 2005, 01:55 PM
ban SUVS (yes i know its a truck but whateverrrr)
[post=462734]Quoted post[/post]​

Or just make the requirements for driving one much higher than for a normal liscense. I think that if you just put suv's and trucks in excess of XXXXXlbs in a higher class license bracket, like class A or something instead of just the regular class, that would deter many people from driving larger vehicles. That and make the costs of owning one an order of magnitude higher.

he didnt get out of the car or drive over to them, he should have at least been moving toward them by the time the clip ended

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 18 2005, 03:03 PM
he didnt get out of the car or drive over to them, he should have at least been moving toward them by the time the clip ended
[post=462792]Quoted post[/post]​

looked like he was in the middle of a stop when it happened. that clip was about 3 seconds long. For all you know he could have been on the radio to dispatch for an ambulance. Also, the hazard of pulling his car into traffic i am sure was a factor. There are just too many variables and not enough video clip to confirm or deny that the police car did anything. Unless you have evidence that the cop did nothing after that 3 seconds of video, drop the anti-cop bs.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Feb 18 2005, 02:21 PM-->
@Feb 18 2005, 01:55 PM
ban SUVS (yes i know its  a truck but whateverrrr)

Or just make the requirements for driving one much higher than for a normal liscense. I think that if you just put suv's and trucks in excess of XXXXXlbs in a higher class license bracket, like class A or something instead of just the regular class, that would deter many people from driving larger vehicles. That and make the costs of owning one an order of magnitude higher.
[post=462759]Quoted post[/post]​

why? cause 1 person can't drive them.
If the cost of trucks double so will the cost of a house and every other trade in the world!

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 18 2005, 05:03 PM
[post=462792]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF are you talking about? He probably heard the sound and was like shit by the time the clip ended. Give the guy a break, you weren't there and you are criticizing the cop by reviewing a 5 second little shitty clip.

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Feb 21 2005, 04:19 PM-->
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Feb 18 2005, 02:21 PM
FFCiv
@Feb 18 2005, 01:55 PM
ban SUVS (yes i know its  a truck but whateverrrr)

[post=462759]Quoted post[/post]​

why? cause 1 person can't drive them.
If the cost of trucks double so will the cost of a house and every other trade in the world!
[post=464165]Quoted post[/post]​

It's pretty obvious to me, just driving around town, that MANY people are incapable of operating a large vehicle. If this were the only time I could say I've seen trucks/suvs slam into smaller cars and bikes, I'd be right there with you. I ride motorcycles, and I can't tell you how many times I have almost been run off the road because of larger trucks and suvs not looking where they are going. The blind spots are bigger, the automobile is physically bigger, yet people drive them like they are civics. It's just BS to me that anyone can buy a SUV or truck without any real reason for owning one. I am not saying some people don't need trucks, but I am saying that there should be higher levels of licensing required in order to drive one.

Back