chipped P72 or converted p06 ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rufio0306

I have a 94 EG with a GSR swap.
The engine is pretty much stock besides some bolt on stuff, it had BLOX intake and a DC sport header.
Im looking for an ecu to run it better, its running off the stock p72 and runs like crap.
Open to any ideas and suggestions Thanks

If you still have a skunk2/ itr manifold on it then run a chipped P28 with a custom basemap, if you have the stock GSR manifold, then run a stock or chipped P72

if its running like crap on the stock p72, it's probably not the ecu....

something else is probably wrong, timing, etc

well im trying to make what I have work and if its cheaper to chop the p72 i would like to do that. Oh! and when I plug in the PR4 ecu from my DA and it runs fine just no VTEC!

The point is, buying a new ecu isn't going to fix your problem. It's not the ecu. It's something else on the car.

UPDATE: car runs fine now, had to extend the IAT wiring, the EVAP was plugged into it, everything works good the ecu reads IAT just fine.

Now, is the best thing to do is to chip the P72 and have it tuned?

but wont the p72 want to control the intake that gsr's have? thought if you have a typical style intake your supposed to chip it.

The secondary butterflies in a OEM GSR manifold has a sensor. You have the Blox IM but In my opinion....you really dont need it. It will not do that much without a ported head, Bigger TB, Bigger Injectors, Bigger fuel pump.....then you need a socketed/tunable ECU and a dyno tuner that knows his stuff.. All these things need to be in harmony to produce good results. And....as you do this math....its expensive.

Do you have a CEL for the secondaries now?

(This is all my opinion) If you Truly plan on getting to the point of a ported head and all those other things.......worry about getting a ported head with upgraded springs and camshafts first....that's the most expensive part. A decent tunable ECU is less than $150 but a ported head with upgraded valve train will be $1500 (plus/minus)

If you plan on rolling with a few bolt ons.....dont sweat the ECU

Back