Chipping P28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
what can you get rid of?

you can lose the knock sensor right?
what about the EGR?

the problem is that the p28 can't operate the h22/gsr IAB's on the IM. i'd suggest running/chipping a p72 ecu if you plan to keep the stock h22 IM.

other than that, all the stupid crap can be disabled... tunewithcrome.com for more info on features

well, there's the thing, i got a STR manifold for my H22 dirt cheap, but it has no EGR...

my integra is not wired for a knock, nor for the IAB's

is there a downside to no EGR?

any opinion of the STR intake?

any down side to no knock sensor besides the obvious or no timing retard under knock?

please correct me if i stated something wrong above...

egr is for emissions. you my not pass your state ref without it... other than that, theres no real use for it car wise. its exhaust gas re-circulation... basically it burns and re-burns the crap so less gets out in the air. emissions shit.
str IM is fine...

if you're tuned right, you won't knock anyway. knock sensors are too particular IMO. its mostly for morons who put 87 in their gsr's and shit... so they don't blow it up and ping and shit. if you're running 93, and tuned, theres no use for a knock sensor really...
my opinion, of course.

others will disagree and say that it saved them and so on...

but the fact of the matter is that the oem knock sensor circuitry is a joke in the first place.

there are aftermarket knock sensors and shit that are bad ass and actually work... but the oem one is worthless.

HOLY SHIT, so its all good news for me then???

when i get a P28 chipped i can get rid of the EGR
i can get rid of the knock
and i can use a P28 if i go with a non stock intake

and the STR is a good manifold...

ooh man, so much good news in so little time... i;m gonna have a stroke...

edit: NY only has a sniffer for 96+, w00t, F the ref

this teg has been in the garage for probably 3 years now...
it was my first swap, then i decided to do the crx swap, then i did the first hatch, and was getting ready to Z6 swap that, then it got stolen and i got another one and did the z6 swap...

now i just need to spray my 4wd mazda, new body panels and such
then its time to finish off the teg for next summer roll out date...
then turbo the civic and pop the Z6, lol

teg doesn't need much, engine bay is sprayed, H22 is in and runs, needs to be all wired, then spray the car...
now i'm taking the h22 back out, going over the motor, reinstall, then i need a tune...

i have an auto P28 right now that works, it started my civic and gave me a 19...
so i need to get it socketed first right?
then you can do the chip?

do you have H22 maps?

another question...

can you tune, or just do basic maps?
if you can tune i will take the drive, i assume it'll a street tune...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 03:49 PM
bah, auto ecu's need to be converted...

https://hondaswap.com/~pills has a how-to
[post=558694]Quoted post[/post]​

FWIW, you can easily add the circuitry for IAB control to any OBD1 P05, P06, P28, P75. So you CAN use the stock IM if you want to as well...but I wouldnt if I didnt have to :)

Back