choosing tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok guys im getting ready to get some rotas, 15" gunmetal c8's. i found a place that i can get a reasonably good price on them, but now im having an issue with tires. i was dead set on Bridgestone potenza S-03 pole positions, but they dont have them in 195 size on TireRack.com anymore, they only have 205's which are 120 bucks a piece. now i was looking through TireRack.com and i found these Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 that are cheaper, $79, and has better stats on performance in most categories. does anyone know how good these tires are? are these tires better than the Bridgestone s-03's? if the s-03's are better, where can i find them in 195's for a cheaper price? thanks for all and any help. later.

i have never been a big fan of goodyear (they tend to wear stupid fast and just arent worth the price) there are some very good yokahamas in the $70 price range... i would look into those

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 4 2003, 12:46 AM
azeni's :)

i was looking at those too, and i can even get them in a package deal on where im gonna buy my rims from, but i need some that is more all season but still has awesome dry traction. i crashed my last rex in the rain on summer tires, and im going away to college in august at west virginia university, where the elevation is 3000 and it snows and rains alot. not to mention the huge hills up there.

E - what are the yokohamas you are talkin about?

I have the Eagle F-1's, they are pretty good. Driven in the rain, dry, corners a retarded speeds, they are fine.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 4 2003, 11:52 AM
I have the Eagle F-1's, they are pretty good. Driven in the rain, dry, corners a retarded speeds, they are fine.

how are they in the rain/snow?

I have the yokohama yk420's. theyve been lasting pretty long on my camber. but i have yet to really put them to the grip test. pretty cheap too. got mine for 75 a piece.

also i was looking at the yokohama ES100's, anyone have experience or insight on these tires, if they are good, i might get them, i can get a set of these tires with rotas, mounted and balanced shipped to my door for $751. :)

I love the ES100's. They have great dry traction, and they handle rain very well. I have not driven on them in the snow.

i am looking into getting the es100's as well. i just need a tire that can handle my camber better then the cheapo "general" tires.

Back