chrome bike!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats pretty sick...id be afraid to touch it....might not wanna give it back........i really miss my YZF600

Wow, I thought it was going to suck, but that actually looks pretty cool.

They missed the starter button...

i wonder if it would be more legal to drive that than that chrome beamer

after all half of some bikes are chrome anyways

It's paint. Someone here has a harley that is like that. Well, not a Harley, but a chopper composite.

The paint is durable, and it looks real good... like the real thing.

Like that "Chrome Audi" that the sheet-wearing arabs were looking at in that pic from long ago. Paint.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's paint. Someone here has a harley that is like that. Well, not a Harley, but a chopper composite.

The paint is durable, and it looks real good... like the real thing.

Like that "Chrome Audi" that the sheet-wearing arabs were looking at in that pic from long ago. Paint.

a lot of companies that offer "chrome" wheels are switching over to using "chrome paint" because it's more durable than the real thing and is close enough for most people.

Quoted post[/post]]
a lot of companies that offer "chrome" wheels are switching over to using "chrome paint" because it's more durable than the real thing and is close enough for most people.

Are you sure they aren't switching because painting is HELLA cheaper than chroming? They could cut costs considerably.. Chrome, when applied correctly, is damn near bullet proof.

meh....I never really thought chrome and anything foreign went together too well

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Are you sure they aren't switching because painting is HELLA cheaper than chroming? They could cut costs considerably.. Chrome, when applied correctly, is damn near bullet proof.

werd, there is no way paint is more durable than a properly chromed wheel

well, I'm sure cost is part of it. Most companies that make chrome wheels don't do it very well then because I see a LOT of pitted and rusting chrome wheels.

"properly chromed" is the key. I have had bumpers and trim ALL with shedding chrome layers. Even old Mercedes stuff peels.

And Chrome is no less dent resistant than tool steel. Also, that bike would be stupid with metal fairings.

Back