cilck here..need help on my daily drive build up poors man type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markvr6

Okay, first i got to say"Thank You" for clicking on my build thread...and taking your time to read it>>>THX SO MUCH..

hi, im here to get some advice and knowledge on build my first motor. right now i have 2000 ex civic have B16A2 stock. im planning to up grade to "Poors Man Type R"...The motor will be using for my daily driving, school, work,driving around down town and maybe take to the track. but most of the time i will be using the car for school and work. "SO please guys help me build a daily driving car" but also i want a little push behind the daily drive car... My goal is to make at least 200HP or more which would be fine..
here is my plan: bored the Gsr block 81 to 82mm and use 82mm p30 pistons( buy them for ebay). furthermore, rebuild my B16a2 head.. once im done drop it into my 2000 ex 2 doors.

here is the list what i have so far
-ITR cams 98
-ITR springs and retainers
-Skunk 2 Ma..intake
-AEM Cold air intake
-GSR block 99 with rods,pistons,bearings,crank,Etc...- which im going to bored it up to 82mm
Now i have some questions
1-How much does it cost to get it tuned?
2- whats tuning mean? like what do they do when you take the car to get it tuned? add a chip?
3-Do i need different AXLES?
4-DO i have to buy different motor mounts?
5-do the pistons have to be compress into the Gsr rods?
6-how do you install the pistons ring?
You get the point!!! I need as much information you can share or gave. to build my engine..
Also, im think of trading my GSR crank and rods to LS rods and crank, good idea?
I will try to post some pictures and videos of my wip...

THX guys...

1) tune can vary in cost depending on shop, the build and if you have a chipped ECU??....adj cam gears??

2) Tune in your case is to optimize the air/fuel ratio with some timing adjustments, maybe VTEC engagement, delete knock, etc.

3) You do not need new axles if your current ones are fine.

4) No need for other motor mounts but you can buy them if you choose to.

5) You can use the GSR rods but depends and I am not knowedgable enough with bigger bore builds.

6) You need to research piston ring installation. Not too hard but you will need a few specialty tools and follow steps/procedures to ensure correct fitment and installation.

The long and short of it....you should (and I would) research much more before deciding to do anything.

hi, thx...i have skunk2 adj...cam gears( tuner ones)... well the block still stock...the reason i wan to bored up because it has some deep scratches.......should i got 82mm or 81.50mm...

ask a machinist after he looks at the block and the depth of the scratches. If it needs a bore....I would research a good machinist and have him assemble the motor after he does the bore. Make sure to have him re-surface the head too. Valve job...yada yada yada

2.) You can have your tuner use something like Chrome (free) or Hondata ($$) which replaces your ecu chip with a programmable one. Take it to a tuner with a dyno to get it done. Typically cost around ~$200 for a tune.

5.) You will need to press in the wrist pins with the rod; have your machinist do that as well.

6.) Installing the rings is easy. You'll need a compressor to do it:
Amazon.com: OEM 27039 Piston Ring Compressor: Home Improvement
You can find them at most auto parts stores.

This video should help:
YouTube - 22RE piston ring gap and piston installation

Do you have a helms manual? If not, I highly suggest one. That will tell you specifics like which rings go where, the placement of the ring gaps in relation to the other ring gaps on the piston (usually 90* away from the last ring gap). It will also state what the ring gap needs to be (if your rings don't already say so).

Might as well get some ARP rod as well bolts; they're cheap anyways. Lightning Motorsports usually has the best prices on ARP stuff.

I would stick with the GSR crank and rods personally.

here a few pic..
l_646cc5cc11834e75a04323801e1b81a9.jpg
l_697714c6877c40fba8517f4d58fa17bc.jpg
l_2e8d22c22a044157af407a05c5a22704.jpg

I would go with Hondata they are the s***. Yes around 200 extra by no means a poor mans type r but leave u alot of opions later on down the road for improvements... and normaly a good tune is $125 - $300 depending on how much work needs to be done

Back