civic 03 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i looked in the engine list and did not find the civic 2003 si motor. i was wondering what it was? and is it worth buying a 2003 civic si to make fast like 13 sec fast? or schould i stay with the older hybrid h/b

the 03 si is the k20a, the RSX base engine. Go with a 5th or 6th gen, the k-series, imo, is a pain and isnt worth it, plus the car is almost 3000 lbs, if not over it. You couldn't gut it and cut it in half and still be a boat.

thak you for the reply . and your telling me to go with a older h/b ? and do you know anything about 1/4 mile time for a 03 si with or w/o mods?

Now hold on. The new 2003 Si might not seem like much, but recently they've dropped a turbo on it, and it runs mid to low 14's. Better traction would bring it to low 14's, maybe even 13's.

ya but hondata is still trying to crak that shit fully
working on a k is hard shit adn to top it off a turbo is super hard due tue the mounting of the engine

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jul 3 2003, 05:01 PM
Now hold on. The new 2003 Si might not seem like much, but recently they've dropped a turbo on it, and it runs mid to low 14's. Better traction would bring it to low 14's, maybe even 13's.

yea.. spent 3k dollars for 1.5 second faster times.. Wow, i'm impressed.... NOT! Okay.. explain this to me... why the fuck are the air filters by the FIREWALL of the car? umm, the cold air, any air besides hot air, is up front.

Stupid Honda.

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jul 3 2003, 05:01 PM

btw, its also a fucking tank.. almost 3000 lbs. For a honda, that is a tank.

Get a 5th gen hatch, around 2100 lbs and make it faster and also look better then a mini-van.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jul 3 2003, 06:10 PM-->
CRXRookie
@Jul 3 2003, 05:01 PM

btw, its also a fucking tank.. almost 3000 lbs. For a honda, that is a tank.

Get a 5th gen hatch, around 2100 lbs and make it faster and also look better then a mini-van.

alot of honda's cars are in the 3000+ area. they are not the super lightcars of yesteryears

only 2003models

Accord: Curb Weight: 3360 lbs
CRV: Curb Weight: 3287 lbs
Civic: Curb Weight: 2452 lbs.
Element: Curb Weight: 3387 lbs.
Insight: Curb Weight: 1847 lbs.
Oddessy: Curb Weight: 4365 lbs.
Pilot: Curb Weight: 4439 lbs.
s2000: Curb Weight: 2809 lbs.
CL: Curb Weight: 3470 lbs.
MDX: Curb Weight: 4420 lbs.
NSX: Curb Weight: 3197 lbs.
RL: Curb Weight: 3920 lbs
RSX: Curb Weight: 2789 lbs.
TL: Curb Weight: 3492 lbs.

Avg Weight of a 2003 Honda: 3373.86lbs

yes, but most of those, will never be "fixed up".. Those weights also seem to be the bottom line for some of the models. The new Si weighs i think 29XX or 3000+.. for 160CRANK hp and 111 CRANK tq.. that is a tank.

Check out www.edmunds.com:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/honda/civi...denav..8.Honda*

Dimensions
Exterior
Length: 165.6 in.
Width: 66.7 in.
Height: 56.5 in.
Wheel Base: 101.2 in.
Curb Weight: 2744 lbs.

As for being fast....there's a turbo Si that ran 13.8 on street tires and a stock clutch. I'll be heading to the track as soon as I replace my clutch (I'm hoping to do the LSD and lightened flywheel at the same time) and I'm expecting mid to low 13's on street tires.

BTW - The engine codes are as follow:

Civic Si - K20A3
RSX (base) - K20A3
RSX-S - K20A2
ITR - K20A
CTR - K20A

And of course you also have the K24's (Element, CRV, Accord, and TSX) to think about. They have more more displacement and more torque.

Steve

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jul 3 2003, 06:09 PM-->
CRXRookie

yea.. spent 3k dollars for 1.5 second faster times.. Wow, i'm impressed.... NOT! Okay.. explain this to me... why the fuck are the air filters by the FIREWALL of the car? umm, the cold air, any air besides hot air, is up front.

Stupid Honda.

lol... ok, you want me to answer you as to why Honda put the air filters next to the firewall? How's this for an answer: How the f*ck should I know? Did I design the engine? No. If you really want to know, ask Honda, don't ask me.

Originally posted by CRXRookie+Jul 11 2003, 04:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 3 2003, 06:09 PM
CRXRookie

Stupid Honda.

lol... ok, you want me to answer you as to why Honda put the air filters next to the firewall? How's this for an answer: How the f*ck should I know? Did I design the engine? No. If you really want to know, ask Honda, don't ask me.

You're talking like its so mighty with a turbokit, figured you could answer that. I dont like the cars simply b/c of that. It makes no sence, just like jacking up the weigtht of that mini-van.

But dont get smartassy with me you stupid fuck. Dont answer with an answer that is suppose to blow me away and make me love the k-series and then not even answer something as simple as that. You could have said "they have vents on the cowl area" and that would have answered that. Instead you're a smartass..

edit - btw, dont take that "stupid fuck" literally.. i was just being a smartass back at you...

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jul 2 2003, 08:44 PM
i looked in the engine list and did not find the civic 2003 si motor. i was wondering what it was? and is it worth buying a 2003 civic si to make fast like 13 sec fast? or schould i stay with the older hybrid h/b

To answer the original question, well, it's a matter of opinion as to whether or not you want to take a 2003 Si and make a 13-second car. It is going to take a lot of cash to get it there, but it's possible. If you really have money to burn, though, there's an Si on Ebay with a Type-R engine, and it's turboed. The Buy It Now says $24,000.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jul 11 2003, 04:45 PM-->
Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jul 11 2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 3 2003, 06:09 PM
CRXRookie

Stupid Honda.

You're talking like its so mighty with a turbokit, figured you could answer that. I dont like the cars simply b/c of that. It makes no sence, just like jacking up the weigtht of that mini-van.

But dont get smartassy with me you stupid fuck. Dont answer with an answer that is suppose to blow me away and make me love the k-series and then not even answer something as simple as that. You could have said "they have vents on the cowl area" and that would have answered that. Instead you're a smartass..

edit - btw, dont take that "stupid fuck" literally.. i was just being a smartass back at you...

No harm done, man, it's all cool. This is the internet, anyway. No need to get mad at each other, I don't even know you.

The car on the internet has a Type S motor and the GReddy non intercooled kit. I'm running Cybernation's Stage I kit and will easily be in the 13's. As for cost, I'm partially sponsored so...but for most that get the car for $16k, another $4k for a well tuned turbo isn't bad.

Steve

The guy who built my ls motor has an RSX type S that he recently turboed with the cybernation kit. He's running mid 13's right now with an exedy clutch and a few other mods. He's still hoping to crack the 12's with it right now. According to him, the car runs awesome but it just can't get any traction. Also, he's had problems with the cybernation kit. Turbo seals leaking, cracked exhaust manifold and a few other problems (getting it from them was a bitch too).

Back