Civic Auto to Standard switch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98redcavz24

My friend is swapping his d15b8 out of his civic cx for a b18b1. We are getting the tranny out of the integra too. The only conern is that his car is auto and we would like to convert it to standard when we do the b18b1 swap. What would be required and would this be difficult? Sorry is this is already posted somwhere. I couldn't find it in the FAQ's. Just point me in the right direction if I missed something. Otherwise, feel free to help me out. Thanks.

Originally posted by 98redcavz24@Nov 1 2004, 11:29 AM
My friend is swapping his d15b8 out of his civic cx for a b18b1. We are getting the tranny out of the integra too. The only conern is that his car is auto and we would like to convert it to standard when we do the b18b1 swap. What would be required and would this be difficult? Sorry is this is already posted somwhere. I couldn't find it in the FAQ's. Just point me in the right direction if I missed something. Otherwise, feel free to help me out. Thanks.
[post=410075]Quoted post[/post]​

93 honda civic dx sedan with gsr swap and auto to manual tranny.....

I just did it to my 93 honda civic..
......These were just simple stupid shit i came across while doing swap.....

Things you might need to get...Not sure correct me if im wrong.

1. Manual ECU (donor car) If not order one online
2. axles (donor car)
3. whole clutch assembly unit..Master cylinder and stuff. (donor car)
4. clutch, brake and gas pedal assembly tingy. (donor car)
5. If is hydraulic,..need the clutch hydraulic line. (donor car)
6. shift rod and shift extension rod..and shift lever boot. (donor car)
7. Tranny mount..Either cut and weld or I guess you can buy one...Not sure

I had to cut the mount from the integra and welded on the civic..I also had to move it about an inch forward since my gsr engine was kind of crooked.and i wanted it straight..I dont know if you can buy this mount somewhere so you dont have to cut the one out, but im cheap..I try to save every pennie I can.....The best thing to do is to line up your engine first and mark the spot that you want your mount to be welded. Then weld weld weld...I love to weld..lol

OK Inside the car now....You'll need the whole clutch brake and gas pedal assembly tingy.....Im assuming you have it......Ok take the auto one off and put that on in..It should bolt right in with no problems........Another thing is that you must do is remove the key interlock system switch. If not your key wont come off from the ignition switch....

In My civic in order for the car to turn on with the switch, i had to cut the gear position switch plug and bypass two wire together.The other wire you dont need.....so tape them up.....In My car the two wires where the two fat ones coming from the plug..(I think they are black not sure).....The reason why I did this was because without doing this, the ecu thinks that the car is in drive or reverse and the car wont start...By bypassing those wires the ecu thinks that the car is in park and...Vrooooommmmm ..There You go..lol

..shift boot should fit right on the existing console without any mods.

. before you even slap the engine in , remember to install the hydraulic line same way it was on the integra. It would be a lot easier since the engine bay is clear....

. Slap Your new engine in and walla... Good Luck!

I probably missed a couple of things but,,o well....
any questions .. aahhhhhhhmmmmmmmm Just Post....I guess.

Picture220.jpg

Ohhh I almost forgot.......Make sure you have extra money..Just In case....
Trust me You'll run into some other problems......I know By experience....
Oh and dont expect to have your car running the same day.....It just wont happen.......

Good Luck! :wallbash:

Hasport I think sells the top tranny mount for the swap. With that mount it helps out SOOO much. I did it to a freinds car with a diffrent brand mount, and the swap didn't take long at all

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 1 2004, 01:44 PM
Hasport I think sells the top tranny mount for the swap. With that mount it helps out SOOO much. I did it to a freinds car with a diffrent brand mount, and the swap didn't take long at all
[post=410109]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok seee...I didnt know that...Now I do,......I still like to save my money plus I love to weld....Im getting better at it.....

Thanks asmallsol.... :thumbsup:

Yea, the mount it self is kinda pricey at around 100 or so through placeracing (where the person that I did the swap for bought the mount) I would advise to stay away from place racing if you can. The fitment sucked. But I can't weld, so it was the best and most acurate thing at the time.

Pedal Assembly
Clutch Lines/Clutch Master Cylinder/Brake Fluid
Clutch Kit/Flywheel
Intermediate Shaft/Axles
Shift Linkages/Shifter/Knob/Boot
ECU

Thats about it... leave all the existing wiring ALONE, dont cut and hack shit... There should be a slider on the auto gear selector, cut the first wire and ground it... this is the PARK sensor wire... ground it, this will make the car think its in park, relaesing the key.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 1 2004, 09:53 PM
Pedal Assembly
Clutch Lines/Clutch Master Cylinder/Brake Fluid
Clutch Kit/Flywheel
Intermediate Shaft/Axles
Shift Linkages/Shifter/Knob/Boot
ECU

Thats about it... leave all the existing wiring ALONE, dont cut and hack shit... There should be a slider on the auto gear selector, cut the first wire and ground it... this is the PARK sensor wire... ground it, this will make the car think its in park, relaesing the key.
[post=410343]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

There You go.....Even better......

Good Luck!

Originally posted by 98redcavz24@Nov 2 2004, 07:11 PM
How much was that gsr motor and how many miles?
[post=410774]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh.. I Got deal on this engine ..I THINK.... I bought a 94 Integra gsr with major damage to rearend and sides... BUt engine was good...The guy couldn't do much with it so he sold it to me.....

There are a lot of websites where you can order your engine from....some are more expensive than other. so id say do a search before you make a final decision..... Oh and about the miles...The car only had 98000 miles on it...

Good Luck man! :thumbsup:

Back