Civic, F22 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TrboAnt

Check it out:

I'm thinkin about doing an F22 swap into a 2k Civ'k Hatch, soon, and kinda want to get some feedback about it.

The Civ'k has a D16, SOHC, non-VTEC, and the F22's out of a 93 Prelude, 2.2L non-Vtec, so I figure it's be a .6L upgrade w/ better mapping...

Any - USABLE - opinions? <_<

IMO its not a good idea
you have to go through all of the same bullshit that you need to go through to put in an H series engine ($$$$)
but you dont get the HP :thumbsdown:

its just not worth it

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 21 2003, 02:18 AM
IMO its not a good idea
you have to go through all of the same bullshit that you need to go through to put in an H series engine ($$$$)
but you dont get the HP :thumbsdown:

its just not worth it

true that. it will cost about 3800 bucks to get an f22 in there (assuming you paid 1500 for the motor)

the swap is point blanks gay but OBD differences are only a few wires away from changing from OBDblah to OBDblah..i just recently swaped in a motor and made a OBD0 to OBD2 jumper (not to mention DX to SI conversion)which cause me many headached's but when i was done there were no ecu codes or anything..but then again i was 600 dlr's richer it was a 99 ITR into a 90 DX hatch and the kdi was all butt hurt cuz he payed liek 250 got the ITR ECU and he wanted to run it intsead of a chipped PR3 so i didnt it even though i didnt want to..cuz in the end money makes the diff

Back