Civic from Saitan!!! Help Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OBD0SiR

I have had countless problems with this swap (gen 1 b16 in 91 hatch). most have been simple fixes, but i keep coming up on these problems that i cant seem to find an answer for. running obd1 chipped p28.

Problem 1: Oxygen sensor reads full lean. I have replaced it with 6 new ones and they all do the same thing. sadly thats not the confusing part, occasionally it will just pop up into optimal and rich and run amazingly. also it idles like shit when it is in full lean...kinda figured that was just a symptom of not having enough fuel though:mellow:

Problem 2: At low rpm cruising it seems to hesitate and bog down. if i push down on the accelerator it will seem to "catch up" and run decent. this tends to only happen when it is running full lean though.

Problem 3: the map sensor has 3 wires: input voltage (5v), ground, and then the reference voltage for the computer to read. i was testing the reference voltage to see if maybe that was the problem and it said 3.8v. well i unplugged the plug and it still said 3.8v. i figured maybe the wire was crossed into another hot wire and throwing voltage so i de-pinned it at the ECU and tested that pin coming from the computer and it still said 3.8v. is it normal for the ecu to be putting power through that wire?

sorry this is so long, i wanted to make sure it was descriptive enough. a quick list of newly replaced parts:
2nd chipped p28
new coolant temp sensor
6 new oxygen sensors
new dizzy
new plugs and wires
new fuel pump

1: do you have a wideband afr guage or just one of them cheap 20$ things?
2: does the idle fluctuate or just bog down?
3: not sure

UPDATE:
pulled the entire engine harness out yesterday and soldered all the connections and cleaned all the plugs out. drives and idles so much smoother, but still misses out. problem occured when i touched the wires near the dizzy so i believe that is the best place to start.
the o2 sensor only works when it is warm and dry outside...any one have any clue about that?
does anyone else have trouble getting through to rywire?

Rywire never got back to me either. (called twice last week)

O2 sensor works when its warm/dry outside? I'm guessing you made sure its seated into the downpipe? Could be a bad one. Is it OEM? Aftermarket can be P.O.S. sometimes. Maybe give it a little dry cleaning/brushing too??

Sorry if its not much help.

Make sure that the setting it correct when checking for continuity and such. Wideabnd is my suggestion too.

haha...i cant spell, sorry. was referring to the devil :p

only when it is warm dry and i forgot to mention sunny...its like it only wants to work if it likes the weather...haha jk but really tho :-/ it is seated correctly, its now the 4th bosch one i have had ( i have a denso on order right now...should be here in a week.) i thought about getting a wideband, but i am considering selling the car once it is running right and getting something alittle more reliable.

thanks for all your help...unfortunately my problems tend to be extremely difficult to figure out :(

Are you doing the tuning on the chip? or are you using someone elses chip ,you can turn off the O2 sensor in the tuning program and that will eliminate it causing any tuning problems. If you are having idle problems make sure you dont have any manifold airleaks, it will never run right. Does the computer throw any error codes, if you have a wire problem it may throw an error code eg. for the primary or secondary triggers if it has a loose wire in the dizzy.

rywire did the tuning on the chip. peter (from rywire) told me that the o2 should be reading from the computer. i have check for air leaks, but i am planning to keep checking. when i finnaly get ahold of peter i am going to ask him about it again. its not throwing any codes, but that lose wire makes sense...i am going to check the connections and see if the connectors are tight inside the plugs on the dizzy...thanks dcasey, ill let you know what happens

Back