Civic/H22 Hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FastRCars

Well..i found these 2 on to the speedsensor , 2pcs lines who were cut off..what should i do with these 2?

post-11-1122620478.jpg

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 29 2005, 01:40 PM
Maybe if we knew what you were talking about, we could help more.
[post=532781]Quoted post[/post]​

Well im talking about what u see at the pict up here , its a overview on the speedsensor at the gearbox..and i found 2pcs hose/pipes that were cutted and hanging there..just wondering were to connect them..or what i shall do with em

They don't connect to anything on a Civic. Just plug them off, or loop them together.

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 29 2005, 02:12 PM
They don't connect to anything on a Civic. Just plug them off, or loop them together.
[post=532792]Quoted post[/post]​

aha..as i supposed...whats it used for on a prelude?

It's for the variable-assist steering that came on the Preludes and a few other Hondas. It allows the power steering to assist less as the car speed increases.

Aha...so i´ll just loop em togeheter..:) :worthy:

Another question then..i got this Integra radiator..at the bottom of it there is 2 hoses about 16mm thick , just wonder what they r for?

Cause i have connected water in&out + the small hose to the expansion "jar"

Cannot see what they been for..

I'm not quite sure what those are, I know what you're talking about though. They aren't connected to the rest of the radiator though, so it's OK to leave them alone. If you've got any doubts, just plug them.

I THINK, and I'm not sure about this, but I think that's a power steering fluid cooler.

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 29 2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not quite sure what those are, I know what you're talking about though. They aren't connected to the rest of the radiator though, so it's OK to leave them alone. If you've got any doubts, just plug them.

I THINK, and I'm not sure about this, but I think that's a power steering fluid cooler.
[post=532817]Quoted post[/post]​

mm ok..could be..well i will plug them as well as i will plug the other , if there´s any problem im pretty sure it will let me know..;)

thanks 4 ur qucik answers man..:)

// Jonas from SWEDEN

couldn't that be the integra's a/c condenser, because in a teg the whole front of the engine bay is taken up by the radiator. unlike a civic which is half radiator half condenser side by side.

Originally posted by killercannible@Jul 29 2005, 01:38 PM
couldn't that be the integra's a/c condenser, because in a teg the whole front of the engine bay is taken up by the radiator. unlike a civic which is half radiator half condenser side by side.
[post=532982]Quoted post[/post]​

:no:

if its anything like a civic rad it just means that is came from an auto. coolant goes in and out of the auto tranny. i have an auto rad in my civic and i just cut the hoses and left them. i might leak because of it but i have never seen puddles so i just said fuck it

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jul 31 2005, 07:05 PM
if its anything like a civic rad it just means that is came from an auto. coolant goes in and out of the auto tranny. i have an auto rad in my civic and i just cut the hoses and left them. i might leak because of it but i have never seen puddles so i just said fuck it
[post=533616]Quoted post[/post]​

Mm..i just looped em togehter , havent started the car yet so.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jul 31 2005, 01:05 PM
[post=533616]Quoted post[/post]​

no, coolant definatly doesn't go through honda's auto trannys. tranny fluid runs through the radiator through a couple rows of tubes that use the coolant in the rad to heat the tranny fluid up on cold starts, and cool the tranny off on long drives.

Back