civic hatcback problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

i have a 92 Civic Hb DX, and some weird shit is happening, when i was driving my car wouldnt go into gear, and then i had to shut it off and turn it back on so it could go into 1st gear, then after that it kept making rasping noises and some weird ass noises, what do you think it is? i think my clutch is tottally gone.
john

easy things first. See if your dry shifting. Check your clutch fluid resivior and see if there is any fluid in there. If not, you have to bleed the system. I always just totally flush the system. It only takes about 5 minutes. Next, flush your transmission fluid. For real nochy trannies (mine was one of them) use GM (as in General Motors) Syncromesh Manual transmission fluid WITH FRICTION MODIFIERS. Try that, it should help a little bit. If not, go to a junk yard and pick up a 92+ civic transmission and put that in there. They are a dime a dozen. Just dont buy the 99-00 civic SI tranny (totally diffrent engine/transmission)

Back