1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

civic hatcback problem

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by illmatik, Nov 29, 2003.

1. illmatik

illmatik Senior Member

i have a 92 Civic Hb DX, and some weird shit is happening, when i was driving my car wouldnt go into gear, and then i had to shut it off and turn it back on so it could go into 1st gear, then after that it kept making rasping noises and some weird ass noises, what do you think it is? i think my clutch is tottally gone.
    john

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

sounds likt your synchros are fucked

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

easy things first. See if your dry shifting. Check your clutch fluid resivior and see if there is any fluid in there. If not, you have to bleed the system. I always just totally flush the system. It only takes about 5 minutes. Next, flush your transmission fluid. For real nochy trannies (mine was one of them) use GM (as in General Motors) Syncromesh Manual transmission fluid WITH FRICTION MODIFIERS. Try that, it should help a little bit. If not, go to a junk yard and pick up a 92+ civic transmission and put that in there. They are a dime a dozen. Just dont buy the 99-00 civic SI tranny (totally diffrent engine/transmission)

4. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

or you could come to me for a mint tranny off a d16z6 with no grinds

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted