1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic Hatch D16Z6 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Bboyx, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

What kinds of upgrades can i get for a stock D16. I have intake header and exhaust. I'm gonna go turbo but im also wondering what other upgrades can i do to it to increase power and speed.

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

naaawwwwssssss

3. rkwoos12

rkwoos12 New Member

turbo

if you plan on puting a turbo on your gona need a good auto timmer and boost controller for that and i have both for sale take a look http://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-trade-wanted/f-s-greddy-parts-194572/ in very good condition greddy boost controller worth 400 bucks new and greddy auto timer 150 new and im selling both for 225 bucks one hell of a deal.

4. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

sounds good but what other little or big upgrades can i do or get to get more hp

5. austin20110

austin20110 New Member

before you turbo it? just to play around till you can afford the turbo i assume? or after you get the turbo?

6. prpprimo

prpprimo Hondaholic

Possibilities are endless and money talks.
    Just google, " performance mods for honda civic."
    This same thread has also been mentioned atleast a couple times.

What you already have is what most anybody else would do to their motor without sacrificing daily driver reliability.

If it is still not enough and you could care less about reliability, go with a b series set up and start digging into your internals. Top it off with NOS and Turbo as previoulsy suggested:thumbsup:

The next question is, are you drag racing this car???

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If turbo is your future goal then why waste any money at all on any more N/A upgrades? There is no cheap thing you can do to make more power. You could do cams/intake manifold/headwork/etc., but that won't be cheap. Just put your money towards your turbo setup and have it that much faster...

8. slimer

slimer 4eign Outkast Member

gude performance makes great internals for hondas. check them out they carry lots of setups and little things you can buy to gain some extra horspower. they hooked up my car awhile back. my SOHC runs pretty strong. i was suprised.

Gude Peformance Leaders Of High Performance Applications

9. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

n/a mods on an sohc are a waste. if you really want to build it up, save for a turbo.

step 1 on building a car is setting hp goals. from there you can determine your budget, mods needed, and timeline.

10. BrutalB83

Yeah...about that...I think the general consensus around here is that Gude isn't very reputable...personally I'd go with Crower for cams...

11. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

gude was big on b-series in early 2000's. there are better options these days. hell, you can find jun heads still around. now THAT is quality. but n/a still sucks.

12. BrutalB83

Yeah, a lot of Gude's stuff is regrinds anyway. If you're on a budget then I guess that works, but I'd much rather have completely custom-designed cams that have been through professional R&D from a respected company like Crower...

13. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

I like my Comp Cam, its an ok name brand.

14. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

im debating on going to b series or go turbo...but i cant find a good b series engine..i wanna take my car out to the track...my goal is to hit in the 13s...so if im able to do that with my soch then i'll stick to my soch and get good mods for it...but if i have to swap to hit my goal then ill swap. But im tight on budget that's why i dont really wanna swap cuz the money that i would use for the swap could go into invest for my soch..so yeah..

15. slimer

i like crower cams as well. but the the build they did for me has not failed me.
    they did a d15b5 build. dont know the exact numbers cuz i havent tuned it yet. but i can say fro a single its pretty quick. now i am in the process of building a b20z build for mt ef so we will see how that turns out.

but like i said this guy is on a bidget and for some cheap(price) hp. bullfrog cams by gude or a build by them is good!

these are just my 2 cents

16. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

I dont have an HP goal...the only goal is to hit 13s. I want any mods that can help me do this.And what brand names items would be good and reliable. I dont want NOS. Im thinking of getting apr head stutds, intake manifold, steel head gasket and cams for now..but i what else can help.

17. slimer

EBAY BRO!!!! lol!!!

18. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

hmmm..so what are some good mods i can get to build the block and the head...i wanna work on the internals before i get turbo.

19. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

That's just not around here, but many of the SOHC Honda boards.

Regrinds aren't bad a all; if done correctly. Bisi used to sell just regrinds(done by Web, which also does all of his personal cams). Now he's using billet cores. IMO, the stock cam is an awesome design; hollow core!

There's a guy running like 13.4 with like 140whp IIRC; but it's in a full-race, gutted CRX. As stated above, for what you want to do with the engine depends on your power goal.

20. Bboyx

Bboyx New Member

well for my hp i wanna go as much as my car can take.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted