civic is leaking water

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

today after heavy rain i noticed my passanger side is soaked
with like and inch of water...yes the window was up and door was shut...
has anyone had this problem?if so what was it..
thanks

ooh yeah i do not have a sun roof..

mike d

Could it be your door jam seal? Like the Rubber seal that goes around your door where it meets the car and the outside edge of the window? I'd check that first, then the gap on the window, etc.

best way to find water leak. have a buddy sit in your car while you spray hose on the car intill you see it dripping. go from there. the drain under your windsheild cover might be clogged.... try it out

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Feb 2 2004, 10:58 PM
today after heavy rain i noticed my passanger side is soaked
with like and inch of water...yes the window was up and door was shut...
has anyone had this problem?if so what was it..
thanks

ooh yeah i do not have a sun roof..

mike d

Just to be safe, check your heater core. One of the main symptoms of a busted core is a soaked floorboard.

if its a heater core.. youll have shi**y heat. youll smell nothing but coolant.. this man said his floor board is soaked with H20 my man WATER .

Mabey your passenger side floor pans welds broke and it fell under the car from squezzing too much NAAWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

J/K I have no idea, but the F&F thing is priceless!!!

i got a 93 and the same thing happend to me like 2-3 days ago now the passenger side floor is frozen cuz its cold here it sux. is yours comin out right at the end of the dash board right by ur feet cuz thats where mine is coming in but i think i have a clog in the windsheild area

I have a 5th gen with a Rip rubber seal that goes around the the window I accidentally riped it in 2 and I had to put it back on rain never entered my car.

Back