civic jordan....what to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hammy

rite, im looking to get some real power in my civic jordan.

so as it stands.....b16 with little done to it.

thinking of going turbo and maintaining stock internals and just going low boost.....what kinda turbo kits should i be looking at?

what wud evfery1 else do in my position firstly on the turbo line secondly mayb goin N/A but bigger?????

money is an issue although dont want to do anything half assed.

all feedback is much appreciated!

cheers

hammy

civic jordan ...huh

a .48 trim t3 will do you just fine...but if you upgrade to forged internals you might run out of spool....

..search around this site in the proper forum. lots of good info in here an in www.homemadeturbo.com

"Cheers" = a dead give-away that he's from the UK. We don't say that in the states :p

Civic Jordan.
- A limited run of 500 cars in 1999 only
- Based on a Civic 1.6 VTI
- Sports the Type-R body kit (minus the boot spoiler and front grill)
- Interior is full 2 tone leather in Black and Yellow.
- 15" Split 5 spoke alloy wheels
- 1.6 VTEC DOHC
- Air Conditioning
Engine type / size (cc) 4 cylinders/ 1590
Max Power (bhp) 160
Max Speed (mph) 140 mph
0 - 60 mph (sec) 7.9 sec
Price (New) £17,995

27.jpg

so, its basically a 4-lug EK9 CTR with a b16a2 instead of the b16b :p

If money is an issue, both going turbo or building up NA are going to cost you a decent amount of cash... $1500 US or so for a bare-minimum do-it-your self set-up. I don't know how the markup is to the UK market, so that might be another factor as well.

If it were my car, I would keep it stock and find another car to toy around with and build.

a run of 500 = collectors car to some extent, and the more-stock it is, the higher the re-sale value will be. Something to keep in mind.

yeah it is one of 505(inclusive of the 5 prototypes)

the plan is making this one stand out from the crowd...staying as close to standard is a very low priority in my eyes.

its far from standard as it is..........

........heres a few pics

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

anyway, the plan is to get this car goin fast, probably with the aid of boost.

thanks for the comments so far, any more ideas/potential would be further apprecited.

<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">cheers!!!</span>---yup im in glasgow, scotland
hammy

that is a sick ek i say boost it i run a rev-hard kit. it was not cheap but its worth it i have a t3/t4 e hybrid turbo that is at 7 1/2 psi and the kit comes with basic fuel management. it will be able to run without any aditional tune but i suggest different fuel managemet due to rising rate fuel pressure regulator sucking massive gass. it also comes with walbro 255 in line fuel pump. great deal for what you get... all name brand parts that i would not have spent the $ on if i pieced it together. if you want more details feel free to ask me.

so anyone else have an opinion on this or any views as to what should be in store for the engine?!?!

hammy

sick car man :mrgreen:

will be way cheaper to boost then go n/a
you can make a homemade turbo kit for way cheap, but unless you know how to tune or know someone that does then its prolly not gonna take you very far.

a prefabed kit like mentioned above might be the easier, albeit more expensive way.

or theres always a supercharger. about as expensive as a prefab turbo kit. less adjustability and less potential for more horsepower, but no turbo lag.

if you go n/a it would take you prolly triple the amount of money to get the same hp as a turbo and with boost you can always change it on the fly.

damn we get dicked here in the U.S. we miss out onall sorts of cool shit here. the only thing i don't like is the yellow seats and michael jordan's autograph on the side. (i know this has nothing to do with mj)

Thats crazy....gives me ideas of what we COULD have in the states. I also say just get a prefab kit and boost it. Tuning isnt a BIG issue if you are willing to take the time (and potential risk) of doing it yourself. You could only do a street tune unless you know of a dyno in your area.

If you dont wanna go prefab check out pgmfi.org for a lot of good info on tuning. i PERSONALLY like N/A with the occassional N2O but if you want some real and reliable power Turbo is definitely the way to go. The full build up on my H22 is 3500 (US) bucks with sleeves and nitrous kit...you could get new pistons, rods, a DIY block fill and a turbo kit for under 3k (US) i just dont know what your knowledge level is and either way tuning is definitely gonna be something you want to look into.

damn.. thats a sic lookin car.. why cant we get anything like that here.. pretty much a '99 Si hatch.. :thumbsup:

:mad: <That's me being jealous. I like it. I like it. That kit that pissedoffsol gave you the link to is supposed to be a good kit. Very complete with fuel management already set for like 8 psi, I believe. You can get it about $500 cheaper at www.summitsportcompact.com and search vehicle for a Turbonetics turbo kit.

Back