civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pot_head_jay

so far i have an injen intake, dc sport header, evo 2 exhaust, skunk2 strut bar, looking at skunk2 intake manofold. i an new to this stuff. i know it is a b16. what can i look for in hp with these mods.

would like all the help i can get

Three words for you...

Edelbrock Turbo Kit

It'll let you sell your dc header and you won't need a S2 Intake manifold... but you'll get a big ass gain...when it comes out..

Anyway, with those mods you gained... 5 maybe 10 hp?

First you should decide if you wanna go turbo or na. Either way some new cams should help you out. If you really want more power besides a turbo kit you won't get much from bolt on parts. To make some real power you gotta do some internal work. The thing that will be most benifical is tuning. Whatever your next part is rather it be a turbo, cams, pistons, or any other part it would be best to get to a dyno and make sure your engin is properly tuned to get the most out of your engin.

Its my girl's si she does not want a turbo. bu i will get i here before to long and i would like one. so i need help building the engine up for when i get it. she want's it to faster.

It would have been nice to know that... in that case stage 2 cams, gears, 12:1 compression pistons, lighter flywheel, grippier clutch, 12 lb rims, Falken azenies... the list could go on.

so where should i start i am new at this? i can spend $1300. if i go with stage 2 cams do i need to replace valves, valves springs and retainers.

Originally posted by Pot_head_jay@Aug 3 2004, 11:00 AM
so where should i start i am new at this? i can spend $1300. if i go with stage 2 cams do i need to replace valves, valves springs and retainers.
[post=372019]Quoted post[/post]​

If you are going to use a stage 2 or higher cam you will definitely want to do the valve train i.e. valve springs, retainers just to be on the safe side. Spend $200 now on the valve springs and retainers and it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Aug 3 2004, 02:22 PM-->
Pot_head_jay
@Aug 3 2004, 11:00 AM
so where should i start i am new at this?  i can spend $1300.  if i go with stage 2 cams do i need to replace valves, valves springs and retainers.
[post=372019]Quoted post[/post]​

If you are going to use a stage 2 or higher cam you will definitely want to do the valve train i.e. valve springs, retainers just to be on the safe side. Spend $200 now on the valve springs and retainers and it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
[post=372033]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: the cams alone are 905 before taxes... the valve springs, retainers, etc are all extra.

skunk2.com <-- Search around.

You just said your girl doesn't want a turbo, and now you want to add one? make up your mind.

higher compression will be harder to tune a turbo on. but it can be done...probably need race gas though.

You need to make up your mind first, don't build the motor with high CR pistons if you want to turbo later. It's easier to tune a motor with a 9.0:1 CR with a turbo.

Quoting B... "Na is the expensive way to go slow"

i will get the car in 1 yr to 1 1/2 yr. i am just trying to get as much out of it now. so when i get it i can put the trubo on it.

if you want a fast car then save your money now. Dont buy any bolt on parts that are gonna give u shit for power. Take rev 8s advice and save up for a decent turbo kit.

modify your rod and add some PCT slugs, skunk2 stage 2 cams and valves springs, AEBS intake manifold, and a pair of good headers will be good. throw a fuel rail, bigger throttle body, and ECU upgrade and you´ll be satisfy.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Aug 3 2004, 04:58 PM
and a pair of good headers will be good.
[post=372115]Quoted post[/post]​

Tell me I did not just see that typed about a 4 cylinder...

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Aug 3 2004, 05:58 PM
and a pair of good headers will be good
[post=372115]Quoted post[/post]​

and a Meineke dual system performance catback exhaust

:nobreed:

Back