civic type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kidsi00

anyone know where i could buy a REAL legit rhd civic type r

Contact an automotive importing company. You'll have a hell of a time getting it in if you're planning on having it registered, but it has been done. You can bring it over as a race car also, but then most likely will not be able to register it. What state?

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Feb 9 2004, 01:48 AM
You can bring it over as a race car also, but then most likely will not be able to register it. What state?

No, you can not bring a Civic Type R over as a race car. There are very strict limitations on Importing cars for race, collection, parts, and what not, and a CTR doesn't fit the profile.

Yeah, you can't import the entire car but the engine is no problem. I imported mine. It took five weeks on a boat to get here. Shipping was 300, then paying a freight forwarder, dock fees, taxes etc, it came to 700 bucks for shipping.

If you remove enough parts from the car like the engine and rear suspension, you can get them in as clips...well that what I have been told. I was looking into getting one brought over here, but it was going to cost more than building one from parts.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Feb 11 2004, 11:37 PM
If you remove enough parts from the car like the engine and rear suspension, you can get them in as clips...well that what I have been told. I was looking into getting one brought over here, but it was going to cost more than building one from parts.

There is a company on Ebay that imports mototrless rolling shells. They are over priced and you have to pay up front then the car gets shiped.

it would never be worth it to import a car from japan by the time you get it here and get it to be street legal you would spend a rediculous amount of money. believe me I know i talked to a company called fuel imports and they told me with shipping and getting it street legal it would be 14g's and that's not including the car.
also you can ship a car here from japan by taking the motor out and shipping it seperate from the car but you will never be able to register it in the states if you do it like that.

in order to import a car through customs, there needs to be no motor (not a big deal) and the chassis must be cut in half (yup, a big deal). thats where you get clips. they cut them in half, cuz thats the easiest way to get them in.

if you want a ctr, go to japan.
if you want a close enough car- get a 99 ek hatch, and dump in a b16b, suspension, and some bright red ugly ass recaros.
if you want a rhd civic hatch to be cool, you're a fucktard

You guys have no clue what your talking about. Yes you can bring them in passing customs,etc... We have a guy that locates the cars for us, gives us a price,we wire him the money, and 3weeks later we have a car waiting for us at the docks already with a title,customsclearance,ready to be shipped wherever you want. We just bought a 97 rhd ITR for 8500 with blacktags to drive it for 1month, and can be registered with several loopholes such as kit car registration etc... Email me for more info. tnsxsear@hotmail.com

Originally posted by tnsxsear@Feb 13 2004, 05:51 PM
You guys have no clue what your talking about. Yes you can bring them in passing customs,etc... We have a guy that locates the cars for us, gives us a price,we wire him the money, and 3weeks later we have a car waiting for us at the docks already with a title,customsclearance,ready to be shipped wherever you want. We just bought a 97 rhd ITR for 8500 with blacktags to drive it for 1month, and can be registered with several loopholes such as kit car registration etc... Email me for more info. tnsxsear@hotmail.com

Why don't you just post up some details, like how they pass EPA, and DOT, or how someone that buys one of your "legal" cars can register it LEGAL. I have seen many people that can "get" you the car to the states, shit I can have them sent to the states all day long from here, but getting the importer to release them, and then being able to drive them on the street are a COMPLETELY different process. I have talked to the EPA, and customs, and no you don't "just have the car ready to go" in three weeks, period. If so, try loopholing a few Skylines, or send a CTR to my brothers house. The day it shows up with legal papers registered and legally drivable I'll fly to your house and give you the money.

motorex manages to do it with there skylines. Not sure what it takes them to do it though.

1. buy salvage titled 96-98 hatch, get registered.

2. import ctr.

3. replace vin's & plates on ctr with vin's & plates from the hatch

Back