Civics gone wild! drifting..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drifting in a civic is like trying to suck your own dick, no matter how hard you try, it is just not going to happen.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Dec 22 2003, 12:58 PM
drifting in a civic is like trying to suck your own dick, no matter how hard you try, it is just not going to happen.

:lol:

looks like a lot of fun.... some nice ass cars too :)

I gotta take UN Smokey out to a drift event and show those damn 240's how it's done. Torque pwnz, yo!

DOW 8's "Aces High" finalist field carried an EF to 3rd place. IT's a style thing, I guess.

You CAN drift an FF. Whether or not you can use it for a distinct speed and manuevering advantage is up in the air.

-> Steve

You CANNOT drift a FF car. You can only force it to slide.

By definition, drifting requires a drivetrain with power to the rear wheels.

When I was doing the Drift comp in the CRX, I never had a chance to pull the E-brake...The right tires, the power of a turbo, the stiffest suspention you can get for the car, and take corners fast and hard...there is no need for a forced slide..

Don't belive me, look at the sideways gash markes and chunks missing from my tires that day.....

Next year will be fun... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Dec 24 2003, 01:10 AM

Wrong you can drift a FF car, all you need is a tight chassis and a neutral suspension. Collin Mcrae does it all the time with the (Citroen Xara) ITs FWD on tarmac in WRC world rally on tarmac stages.
You have to force any car to slide, in order to drift, there are so many techniqes there not just one type of drift, you not going to win this battle we have one forum member whos done it, and plenty of videos.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 05:23 PM-->
@Dec 24 2003, 01:10 AM

Wrong you can drift a FF car, all you need is a tight chassis and a neutral suspension. Collin Mcrae does it all the time with the (Citroen Xara) ITs FWD on tarmac on WRC world rally on tarmac stage.
You have to force any car to slide, in order to drift, there are so many techniqes there not just one type of drift, you not going to win this battle we have one forum member whos done it, and plenty of videos.

yup!

airjockie has the JDM PS2 game WRC. its got the Xsara car and its FWD.
fire up your copy of GT3. its FWD there also.
Peugot 206 has my vote though. that car is so cute!!

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Dec 25 2003, 05:28 PM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 05:23 PM
SiR Kid

Wrong you can drift a FF car, all you need is a tight chassis and a neutral suspension. Collin Mcrae does it all the time with the (Citroen Xara) ITs FWD on tarmac on WRC world rally on tarmac stage.

yup!

airjockie has the JDM PS2 game WRC. its got the Xsara car and its FWD.
fire up your copy of GT3. its FWD there also.
Peugot 206 has my vote though. that car is so cute!!

LOL but the Peugot 206 is supercharged and has been converted to AWD. I watch WRC world rally on direct TV all the time.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 06:23 PM-->

Wrong you can drift a FF car, all you need is a tight chassis and a neutral suspension. Collin Mcrae does it all the time with the (Citroen Xara) ITs FWD on tarmac in WRC world rally on tarmac stages.

rally cars powerslide.

there's nothing comparable to putting Wendy's trays under your back tires and "drifting" around a parking lot!

:D

Back