1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clatter in the head and uneven throttle

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by GODSPEED, Dec 18, 2006.

1. GODSPEED

GODSPEED New Member

hi all im new to honda swap and here is my problem i hear a clatter in the head mainly only when i rev the motor up and i feel lotsa blow by and also when the motor warms up to temp the idle revs up and down but when i put it in gear it stays same idle....weird i think.but hears the story on the car a woman had it before me had 4 dui wrecks in it its a 97 2 door civic dx.it sat in a feild for about 4 years before i got ahold of it i bought it for $400.00 i got the body looking good bought a body kit now if i can get the motor straightened out it would be great thanks for ur help...it would be greatly appreciated!! ps it has 130k miles on it

2. GODSPEED

GODSPEED New Member

ok now i checked the timing its perfect i lashed the valves i just reved it up and heard a squeal and it shut off it took a bit to start and nowit runs but i hear like a knocking im thinking a piston slap?tell me what you guys/gals think

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted