Cleanin Your Engine..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup..i wanna clean my engine this weekend..a guy at work told me to buy some purple cleaner..put it in a bottle and then just spray it off with a reg hose..then let the engine run for like a half a hour to make sure the shit is dry..im like no fuckin way..last time i did that shit with my old rex the alternator was dead the next day..so i wanna make my shit spotless but i def dont wanna short anything out or worse..anybody have any ideas..how you clean your engine?..

Foamy Engine Brite.

Use plastic grocery bags and duct tape to cover your air filter, distributor and alternator. Spray on the Foamy Engine Brite. Let it sit for however long the bottle says. Use a garden hose to lightly spray the stuff off. Leave your hood open in the sun for 30-45 minutes or so. Remove bags and drive. :D

ya i painted my valve cover with spies hecker auto paint to look like the jun one it worked great u need to take it off take the gaskets and etc off then degrease the hell out of it then spray and bake must bake then put a clear coat usually u dont want to heavy of a coat but i poured it on it seamed to work the best if u want to see it finished look at the pics on this site and look up puma hope it goes well dont forget to bake the clear too also wait a day before u put it back on its been about 15000 miles sence i did this and its still fine ;)

Originally posted by junhondasi@May 20 2003, 03:13 PM
ya i painted my valve cover with spies hecker auto paint to look like the jun one it worked great u need to take it off take the gaskets and etc off then degrease the hell out of it then spray and bake must bake then put a clear coat usually u dont want to heavy of a coat but i poured it on it seamed to work the best if u want to see it finished look at the pics on this site and look up puma hope it goes well dont forget to bake the clear too also wait a day before u put it back on its been about 15000 miles sence i did this and its still fine ;)

do you have a pic of your valve cover? i would love to see the finished product.

niiice. i want to paint mine '91 R32 skyline GT-R gun metal grey metallic.

yeah bro theres no doubt your cover came out hella sweet..but honestly im not lookin to spend that much time or money on it..couldnt i jus use reg high heat spray paint...or would that shit melt..anybody know..

i use "purple power" degreaser (comes in a gallon jug) poured into a plastic spray bottle. never had a problem with my alternator dying after an engine rinse. i rinse and dry mine about every 6 to 8 weeks. just remember to cover the distributor. its best to hand-dry it or you will get baked-on water spots.
s3e6e604118bb6.jpg

as for the paint, use a high-temp engine paint.

you guys are giving me flashbacks to the day I decided to paint my valve cover with red high heat paint

*shudders*

I just cover my intake, and dist, then use foamy cleaner, then spray off, thn i take my hood off and drive around to dry. i like the sound of the motor with no hood.

Back