cleaning injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

for the last month or so, on and off the b16 i'm running would 'hesitate', 'sputter', or something between 2 and 3k rpm.

more and more I'm thinking this is because of dirty injectors because as soon as the rpms get higher (it's spraying more gas) and the problem goes away

do any of you have opinions on the best way to go about cleaning injectors?

run some injector cleaner through the gas tank?
or pull them out and soak them in carb cleaner or something?

I would appreciate any input or recomendations

thanks
Sean

My b16 did that. What ecu are you running?

P30 came with when I got the swap, hasn't been chipped or anything. just hooked up the knock wire and fired it up. (92's had vtec pre wired)

I will probably order myself up a new fuel filter as the current one probably has around 170k on it for all I know

any certain brand of injector cleaner that people have had luck with?

is it possible that this problem could stem from a corroded power cable coming from the alternator?
I was looking around last night and realized that it's in pretty rough shape. I plan on replacing it for sure... just wondering if you guys think this could be a factor

thanks

The power cable is a great idea.

Also, if you happen to spend some money on injector cleaner, try the BG 44K. It's a little more expensive than other brands, but it really does the job. I'd highly recommend it.

yeah, tonight I will try to get that cable replaced for sure and also put in the new spark plugs I have sitting around

I haven't heard of BG 44k but I will look for it.... I have used alot of Seafoam in my day though, I always forget that that stuff works an injector cleaner too

Back