Clutch and Flywheel for GSR W/b16 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Braydon2k

I have a 1997 ex coupe with a b18c and i need a new clutch. The thing is that i also have a transmission from a 1999 b16 that i am putting in as well. What i need to know is do i get a clutch meant for a GSR or for the B16 transmission? Also will my GSR flywheel work with the new transmission or do i need a different one? Thanks

B-Series is B-Series. There are differences in terms of cable, hydro, and the 92-93 integra cable tranny's but for your situation if you order one for a GSR or 99-00 Si it wouldn't matter. And your GSR flywheel will work just fine. I don't know how your budget looks right now but if you can afford a light weight flywheel, go for it, seeing as how you're gonna be right there any way :)

yea i was thinking about getting a lighter flywheel any suggestions? i dont want to go broke on one but whats a good flywheel for the money? also any ideas for a good clutch?...clutch kit?

I'm biased towards Exedy. I love thier clutches. A lot of people like ACT too. I've heard mixed reviews on on the other brands. A lot of people like Fidanza flywheels as well.

I've ordered this clutch kit a few times for a few friends who wanted a new clutch and flywheel eBay Motors: XTD® STAGE 1 CLUTCH & 8LBS FLYWHEEL / 94-01 INTEGRA (item 170209154627 end time Apr-15-08 18:46:20 PDT) it's no Exedy or ACT quality but it works pretty decent and you can't beat the price... My friend's that I got these kits for like them. One friend has been running this kit for about two years and counting...

Back