Clutch bolts??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jevs

I am trying to get everything together to bolt my GSR tranny to my LS/Vtec motor and to bolt on the other accessories. Since I bought everything seperate finding all the bolts I need is a nightmare. I just about got everything after spending a whole day at junk yards looking for bolts. I thought I had everything but three bolts for the intermediate shaft by the time I got home. I decided to just order those three from the dealer. They have shoulders on them for alignment and I could not find any. I ended up getting 6 of the 12 point 10mm bolts I needed for the pressure plate to bolt to the flywheel. I thought that was all that I needed. I get home and look at my clutchmaster flywheel and ACT pressure plate and see that there are 9 holes?? I thought the dealer had told me I only needed 6, and the motor I got them off of only had 6, but it was an accord motor or something. Anyway, my question is....do I need 6 pressure plate bolts or do I need to use 9?? All 9 holes are tapped in the flywheel so they must be there for something?

I just went out and test fit the pressure plate and flywheel. It will accept 9 bolts. GRR!!. Is this the normal amount for an integra, or does the aftermarket stuff take more bolts?

Back