clutch cable ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eh you could give it a shot..maybe try getting another bracket to compare yours with?

so even if you lift up the clutch arm it doesn't fit? it looks like it should.. i'm not sure what the problem is either.

it fits but won't drop back down, it keeps the fork all the way up and i push on the pedal it won't move towards the floor at all.

maybe there's something wrong with the clutch?

because the arm is not supposed to drop back down once the cable is in place. you're supposed to tighten the cable till you can feel it start to get tight. this would indicate the throwout bearing has just begun to touch the fingers on the pressure plate. so if you cannot press the pedal down at all then either the cable is binding somehow, or the there is something wrong with the clutch assembly.

i have pulled up on the arm but not real hard, when i get home i'll try to pull harder -- thanks for hanging with me guys!

i haven't personally tried to pull a clutch arm past the point where the T.O. bearing touches the pressure plate, but i'm pretty sure if you try to move that arm, effectively disengaging the clutch by hand, that you better have some pretty big muscles lol.

lol i can barely move the clutch when i pull up on it..goodluck..

got it guys,the cable was binding at the firewall- thanks for all the help:D i'm sure i will have more problems when go to start it, it's sat for almost two years!

change the oil,plugs,wires,and put some 93octane in it...she will start right up(might have to do a dizzy too)

I took the da clutch mount off, cut the bubble part off, and welded it back on a bit lower than it was. This fixed the problem for me. Otherwise you will have to use a da cable (in my experiences...i dont know how other people made it work).

Back