Clutch Installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

si punk

Anyone know how much a clutch installation would be? Like, an average price range. ;)

for just installation or with the price of the clutch added in? I know my friend got Spoon clutch put in for a little under $550 but that was including the price of the clutch, other than that I wouldn't know since I've never had a shop do any of my work.

Just wondering the average price for installation...I was planning on purchasing the clutch seperately.

-Jason

Pssssh, installing a clutch is EASY. Just do it yourself. I did it and I had never even seen a manual transmission out of a car before....and it works perfet!! :D

ummmm....no. Most places arround here charge arround $1000 for the clutch and install. I'm not sure how much of that is the price of the clutch, but thats what It cost to get a clutch put in My subaru and my friend's '80 Corolla.

but, thats assuming the engine is IN the car. If its not, it should be lots cheaper....but you should also do it yourself if your tranny is out of your car. I'm telling you, its really easy.

You think I could do it without any air tools?

-Jason

I did a whole swap without air tools. If you not a little bitch, I'm sure you can do it. Just go to the harware store and buy a 4 ft steel pipe. Best tool I ever bought. Cost me $5 and I could easily put down 300-400 ft*lbs. The torque specs on those bolts are less than 50 ft*lbs. Its actually realy easy. If I did it...an I'd never done any car work before IN MY LIFE then I'm sure you can do it. Just make sure that you get all the torque specs (Can find them in the Helms Manual) and follow the instructions.

Also, Don't forget to take off your flywheel and get it resurfaced. Its like $50 at any machine shop. (or was for mine).

Back