clutch pedal won't come up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

Tonight I was driving and my clutch pedal would not come back up when I stepped on it. Now I'm being told that's it's either a leak in one of the lines or my master cylinder or slave cylinder. So I had to push my car out of the road cause it wouldn't shift gears and I'm taking it to my mechanic tommorrow. Has this happened to anyone here and if so what wast the problem. Thanks

I had the exact same problem about 1 month ago, I couldnt put it in or even take it out of any gear which sucked ass! It turned out to be my master cylinder so I went ahead and replaced the master and slave cylinders while I was at it and bled the lines. $200 in parts later my clutch was back to the way it should be. I cant gaurantee that this will be the fix for you, but it sure sounds like we had the same exact problem. Oh and just for reference, this was on my b16 swapped 92 hatch. Hope that helps with some diagnosis.

I had the exact same problem about 1 month ago, I couldnt put it in or even take it out of any gear which sucked ass! It turned out to be my master cylinder so I went ahead and replaced the master and slave cylinders while I was at it and bled the lines. $200 in parts later my clutch was back to the way it should be. I cant gaurantee that this will be the fix for you, but it sure sounds like we had the same exact problem. Oh and just for reference, this was on my b16 swapped 92 hatch. Hope that helps with some diagnosis.

excellent advise here
if your master goes ALWAYS change the slave cause its due to go and will leave you stranded

and not going into gear?
you can always start it in first then slip gears to get yourself home...
not the best method but better than a 300 tow bill and being stranded..

Quoted post[/post]]
Yup same problem, couldn't put it in gear either. Went to the shop and there replacing the slave cylinder but not the master cylinder. I have a swapped h22a into a 92 Accord and I guess the slave cylinder is for the Prelude motor while the master cylinder would be for the Accord. Either way I'm going to change the slave cylinder for now and if there are problems later on down the line I will get the master done to. I storing the may car for the winter anyway.

Yup same problem, couldn't put it in gear either. Went to the shop and there replacing the slave cylinder but not the master cylinder. I have a swapped h22a into a 92 Accord and I guess the slave cylinder is for the Prelude motor while the master cylinder would be for the Accord. Either way I'm going to change the slave cylinder for now and if there are problems later on down the line I will get the master done to. I storing the may car for the winter anyway.

you really don't need to replace the master when doing the slave...

you have a lot to learn before you boost this car
lol

you do the swap yourself?

Quoted post[/post]]

you really don't need to replace the master when doing the slave...

you have a lot to learn before you boost this car
lol

you do the swap yourself?
lol...yeah I know I have a lot to learn, and no a couple of my friends did the swap... I watched and learned a little. Got the car back it's O.K now and I'm storing it for the winter up here in Canada, I was lucky to find an indoor garage for $40 a month that's Canadian $$. Got stopped by the cops today for the 3rd time because of my exhaust, they are really stricked here, they have like 20 cops who just look for tuner cars. Anyway like I said man I will be doing research this winter and I will probably be asking a lot of stupid question, but honestly dude your help is awesome, at least you are patient with and have some productive input.

Back