clutch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

alright heres the deal i took my b16 crx out for a ride last night and it doesnt wanta stay in 3rd gear and also does the same with 5th gear. i thought it was the clutch cable so i got a new one and still no change. i think my clutch is going out but im not sure. does any one know what might be wrong? oh yeah it also makes a winding nose when its in gear at all rpms. is that bad?

check you tranny fluid first. Plus the popping out of gear might not be a clutch problem. See if any transmission shops around you offer a free inspection and decide from there what you want to do.

:werd:

change the tranny fluid and throw in some of that syncro-mesh stuff...
that should help quiet the noise, but chances are the tranny is work inside and thats bearings, perhaps the input shaft bearing thats making the noise...

dunno about it coming out of gear...
clutch cable would have no affect on that... check your linkage under the car and make sure everything is where it should be, not too tight and not too loose...

pull your drain plug for your tranny and see if anything comes out - if not - stick a finger in there and try to pull some shreaded metal out... hehe.. check the linkage too since it is only doing this in 3rd and 5th - if no luck there i'd say that you have a definate syncro problem... doesn't sound like clutch prob. does it do the same in first?!

no problems in 1st,2nd or 4th. 3rd,5th and reverse are acting funny.im having a hard time now with it goin in to 3rd and it still wont stay in 5th.

Sounds like the sycros a messed up because I believe they play the role of amoung other things holding the gears in place. Time for over haul, LSD and Final Drive at the same time. :)

i took it to a shop here and they said that my tranny needs to be rebuilt. they said it had to do with speed shifting or something along those lines..i guess it broke something in side tranny.

tell the shop its the syncros in the tran they need to be changed cause you wore them out by thinking you where a race car driver and was slaming gears every chance you got and you add a short shifter in and it played a role in messing them up to. jk Its your syncros man they let you shift the car in to a gear at a serting gear speed also check the sift forks in the trans to make sure there alright to hope this helps

ya boy steveo

Back