clutch problem...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quikstr13

im in the process of buying a 96 four door gsr... but the clutch is very soft... i have a 94 fodo ls but the clutch feels stiff.... they told its because its hydrolic.... but isnt the 94 ls hydrolic as well???

if so where can i find a good clutch set at a good price???

yes, the 94 is hydraulic
clutch system may have to be bled, or the slave cylinder is leaking, master may be bad, or the pressure plate,
I would start with checking fluid level and then for leaks, look inside the car right where the pedal/pushrod is at the firewall, if you see anything more than a little lube, then the master is bad
then check the rubber line on the tranny, that goes to the clave cyl to see if it is cracked or bubbled, then pull back the rubber boot around the slave cyl and see if you see any leaking, you may have to pull off the dust beet and then the seal boot to get at it to see if it's leaking.
If you don't see any leaks the grab a friend and an 8mm wrench and some brake fluid and try to bleed the clutch to see if that's the problem.
If that doesn't work then it may be time for a clutch, exedy makes a good clutch set for a cheap price, also you can shop ebay for any of the good name clutch kits (clutchmasters, act, etc.) Just be careful on ebay and make sure you are getting legit stuff, not reboxed junk :)

Back