clutch question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i need to put a clutch in my 18b hatch. i want a agresive clutch but i still want it to be sprung. i was wondering what your opnions are on exedy, centerforce, cm, and act. also how hard is a insprung puck clutch on the trans and axles. i drove a car with a act6 puck and it seamed verry very harsh is this true. and will it cause rapid wear of axles and things with its harsh engagement.

im running an ACT clutch in my sol (ITR swapped 189.5 whp) and i love it ... its agressive but still very streetable ... it does kinda suck when stuck in traffic or when stopped on a hill.... but once you get use to it its tolerable
im using the AI4-XTSS

This kit includes these components:
H-025X - Xtreme Pressure Plate
HSD015S - Performance Street Disc
RB817 - Release Bearing
PB1002 - Pilot Bearing
AT88 - Alignment Tool
Torque Capacity: 319 ft/lbs.

thats more than enough for any street driven all motor honda

:thumbsup:

i really like my centerforce dual friction. Grabs hard at high RPM yet still regular driving is not bad.

AI4-XTSS

Have to agree with E_SolSi on this one. I personally have this on my civic b18c1. Good cluthc better than my friend's CM stage2 clutch.

clutch specialties = the hizzy.

I've had nothing but good experiences with their clutches so don't neglect to check them out either.

i just cant decided which one i want. i had a centerforce in my d16y8 and it would slip with a 75 shot on it and i plan on runnin a 100-125 on the b18b so im just leary i dont want any problems but i dont want to much either it is my daily driver. i never had a deiveabilty problem with my centerforce dualfriction so pedal pressure wont bother me.

I have the ACT xtss in my 95 Civic. I am making 216whp/181tq and the thing grabs awesome. My buddy who has had quite a few different setups in his CRX including a turbo 300whp cr/vtec, twin turbo ls/vtec, etc... one of the first things he said when he drove my car was "Man that clutch really grabs". I don't have too much experiance, but coming from him that has to be a good thing. He also has used the same ACT extreme pressure plate in all his setups and said it has held up really well.

Back