Clutch questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

34diesel34

Import Tuner
I have a 91 crx si, and I'm about to swap a jdm b16a(sir2 obd1) engine into it. I have the 5 speed manual hydro tranny and I will be using the hasport hydro to cable conversion kit to convert it to cable. I need to know if I'm supposed to use a hydro clutch or cable clutch.:(

whaaaat? theres no diff in clutches...only how the release works. cable operated or hydro slave cylinder. clutches themselves are same my friend

Get a clutch for a B16.....I wont laugh at ya

well they are mostly right, in that the clutch for has nothing to do with the type of disengagement on these motors. however there are two different sizes of input shafts, a small and a large spline. both have the same number of teeth, but one is larger. you'll be buying a clutch for a 92+ integra. the 90-91 has the smaller spline and thus will not fit over the input shaft of your hydro trans.

Okay....gen2 B16A to be super duper exact. But yes some splines are different and since he has an OBD1 B16....its in his best interest to make sure the clutch is specifically for his motor

Okay....gen2 B16A to be super duper exact. But yes some splines are different and since he has an OBD1 B16....its in his best interest to make sure the clutch is specifically for his motor

well...trans....match it to the trans. it has the splines and thats where things wont fit right

Back