Clutch Replacement Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

Ok so I attempted to replace my clutch and when i put it back together it wouldnt go into gear at all so I ended up taking it apart again to find that the shift fork wasnt pressed on all the way once i finally got it back together again now i went to test it and it will go into gear if you give it a little bit of force, but now it seems that my brand new clutch that i put in is slipping. what could i have done wrong that is causing it to slip, and also when i pulled out my old clutch disc it looked almost identical to my new one in thickness and everything and several friends said that it looked almost new so is there anything else besides a bad clutch that can cause it to slip?

did you surface your flywheel? that will make it slip cause it isn't making full contact with it.

No I didn't have the flywheel resurfaced, i put in a brand new one. Someone said that because I forgot to clean off the flywheel / pressure plate that could cause it to slip, is that true? also it seems that now I am leaking tranny fluid, where is it possible to leak from?

if you left greace or oil on the flywheel the clutch will slip make sure you clean it with starting fluid

if you left greace or oil on the flywheel the clutch will slip make sure you clean it with starting fluid
yep... pull it out and clean it off. also make sure you have the clutch adjusted right... that too will cause it to slip.

Back