1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch took a crap on me...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by dohch22a4, Jan 23, 2004.

1. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

I was out last weekend attacking the twisties when all of the sudden i went to shift from first to second and it wouldn't go into gear. I stopped, waited a little, pumped the clutch pedal and was able to get in gear and baby it home. The clutch pedal is ultra stiff now and it's really hard to get in gear. I think maybe the slave cylinder is fucked up? Or perhaps my clutch is just fucked completely? It drives fine when in gear, it's just a bitch to get it there. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

BTW, it's the stock ten-year old honda of japan clutch, so that probably had something to do with it.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

probally your clutch, but for shits and giggles, check your clutch fluid level

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

just becasue it's the 10 year old clutch, replace it. But what your describing seems like a throwout bearing maybe or possiblly the slave, bleed the system and see what happens.

4. TWAN

TWAN Senior Member

If you bleed it and that doesnt help, check your throw out bearing, I had one explode inside the bell housing and then my car did exactly what you are describing.

5. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

The resevoir is full. Thanks guys, I didn't think of the TO bearing. I go to college 250 miles from home so i'll bleed it next time I head home.

6. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

7. hondaman16lx

hondaman16lx Member

it may be one of the springs in the pressure plate which means definatly replace the whole thing

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted