Clutch took a crap on me...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

I was out last weekend attacking the twisties when all of the sudden i went to shift from first to second and it wouldn't go into gear. I stopped, waited a little, pumped the clutch pedal and was able to get in gear and baby it home. The clutch pedal is ultra stiff now and it's really hard to get in gear. I think maybe the slave cylinder is fucked up? Or perhaps my clutch is just fucked completely? It drives fine when in gear, it's just a bitch to get it there. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

BTW, it's the stock ten-year old honda of japan clutch, so that probably had something to do with it.

just becasue it's the 10 year old clutch, replace it. But what your describing seems like a throwout bearing maybe or possiblly the slave, bleed the system and see what happens.

If you bleed it and that doesnt help, check your throw out bearing, I had one explode inside the bell housing and then my car did exactly what you are describing.

The resevoir is full. Thanks guys, I didn't think of the TO bearing. I go to college 250 miles from home so i'll bleed it next time I head home.

it may be one of the springs in the pressure plate which means definatly replace the whole thing

Back