Clutch/tranny problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

601vigilante

K. Swapped an h22a into an accord. The clutch needed bleeding so i bled it, now has plenty of pressure behind the pedal and no air in the lines that i know of
Here's the problem: Damn thing won't move! Put it in gear (it goes in, even tried manually putting it in from under the hood) and let go of the clutch and NOTHING! The armature moves and everything. Bought from hmotorsonline.com, i didnt break the bell and assumed there was a clutch in there. Anybody have any ideas?

Ok.. I know I'm no expert here, but did you replace the clutch before putting it in or used the original clutch? Stupid question I know just trying to get some base line info. Is the trans go into gear without the clutch in, in any of the gears or is it as if the clutch is locked in? Another stupid question, but does you speedometer move at all? The reason I ask, is because I've seen where the axles weren't all the way in and wouldn't move, didn't even make a sound. I'd say throw it on jack stands and see if the wheels move while in gear with no tension. If I'm in anyway wrong, please correct me. -Gary

No clutch replacement was made. The gears acts as if the clutch pedal is always pressed. I can switch gears without pushing in the clutch at all. For that reason I do not believe it is the axles. It couldn't be a bad clutch because that should keep it from going into gear, right? I'm so close, but I can't even get it to go down the block, please help.

Ok... So there is no pressure on the gears when putting it in gear. Then I would check the clutch, because if the clutch is bad, you could put it in gear if I'm not mistaking. Thats only if the disc is too worn to catch. The other way is if the fork is holding the pressure plate open. So I take it the speedometer doesn't move while in gear and not moving tho, because you didn't say anything there. I would check out the fork, and clutch assembly and go from there then. -Gary

Speedo doesn't move, and the thing goes into gear no problem. But, you have to pull the bell apart to even really check out the fork correct?

Umm, not sure to be honest, but I think if your good, you could pull the slave and boot, and maybe get a nice view, but I'm not sure. It sure sounds like either the fork is in wrong or that the pressure plate/clutch disc might be messed up. And the linkage is moving at the trans? -Gary

I ripped the thing apart and found out the clutch was devistated. The disk was gone and it was wearing down the rivets. This left huge grooves in my flywheel. First, I got this motor here http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...e&item=300 16, and they haven't returned my phone call yet. Just wondering if peeps know these guys and how they do biz, because I think they owe me at least parts let alone labor. Second if that much damage occurred to my clutch and flywheel should I be worried about something else being wrong with this engine/transmision?

Man thats no good.. Sorry to hear about that. As far as it goes with the parts, I would just keep trying to get intouch with them, since they warrenty "ALL" parts working.
Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!
But as far as parts related, if its just the clutch wore out and messed up the flywheel, you should only need a flywheel, and clutch kit. Other than that you should be fine. Nothing else looks damaged, right? The only other thing to be worried about is maybe how abused the motor and trans were, by the previous owner. Thats my own opinion tho. -Gary

mm, and i hope ur gears are alright, since the previous owner pwn'd ur clutch n all...!

Thanks for your input man. I was looking at clutchs. Can't decide on which clutch/flywheel kit to get. I don't have a lot of money, but here's a couple I like: the first one is a 300 horsepower rating and has a 6-puck, second one comes with a 290 hp exedy and a chromoly flywheel.
eBay Motors: F1 RACING STAGE 3 CLUTCH 8 LBS FLYWHEEL ACCORD PRELUDE (item 150123324209 end time May-23-07 16:42:48 PDT)
eBay Motors: 92+ HONDA PRELUDE STAGE 1 CLUTCH + RACING FLYWHEEL JDM (item 330121589223 end time May-26-07 17:30:00 PDT)

Kind of leaning towards the exedy more. Any preferences?

Ebay is a risky place to get car parts. some are immitation, some are damaged, some are defective, and some just never even get sent. but, some are good deals.

Take your time to research and read opinions on each one.

After my research, i went with an Action Clutch 2KS kit. No flywheel included, ran me $420 w/ s&h. out of your price range, i'd guess. Google them though, not as known as Exedy or ACT forsay, but they specialize in honda it seems. Sorry, but it hasnt been installed yet, so idk how it feels. waitin on a Toda lightweight flywheel. It holds like 375hp if i remember right, but engages like OEM, linear style. It's like an organic clutch disk.

Your best bet though, is to buy it brand new with a warrenty. You never know...

o yeah, both of your ebay links look like no name, cheaply made bunk. deff do not get one that boasts JDM Clutch!!! lol like that's just aimed at the unknowledgable ricer. A clutch may made and sold on the japanese domestic market, but that doesn't mean it's not bunk either. If you found something on ebay that detailed a known manufacturer's name, part/model numbers, and didnt try sell you the clutch (like a car salesman sells a used car), that's a good find.

I see your concern about getting ripped off, but I'm looking at a company whose sold thousands of items and a almost 100% + feedback. I don't know if your local grocery store will even have that kind of a rating. Also exedy is arguably one of the best clutch providers so I'm not sure how that item isn't a known manufacturer name.

i was talkin about the 2 links u had from ebay. "F1 Racing" and "ProClutch". Those are no name.

Just to let you guys all know hmotorsonline refuses to do anything. I will never do business with them ever again nor will I ever suggest anyone else using them!

Stupid question here, but did you tell them, that the site says 100% start-up and if thats the case what they cover then? I would expect it but you never know. But I'm sorry about your luck bro :-( -Gary

Back