1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 2fastCRX, Jul 19, 2003.

1. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

I have heard mixed reviews about Centerforce clutchs. However, I need a clutch with alot of holding capacity for a turbo for my 88 CRX Si. I found a Centerforce clutch that holds 90% over stock for $230 online. What do you guys think of Centerforce? I don't really want to spend alot of money on one because I need a clutch right away so my car will run, but I don't have a lot of money to spend right now. But from what I understand, they suck, I just want to make sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

i dont like centerforce cuz they dont specialize in imports,im gonna get an exedy clutch for my b16,but i think act and cm are good too

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I have never used a centerforce but I have used an ACt and RPSturbo clutch and both were great and recommend them. I just didn't want to recommend something that I have never used.

Milan

4. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go ACT. Me and my friend both got clutchs at the same time (I got a Clutch Masters and he got ACT) and I liked his better. This is when I had my turbo Civic.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

good luck, make sure to replace the throwout bearing and pilot bearing. If you can this would be the time to upgrade the flywheel.

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted