CLUTCH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey guys,

I have a 97 B18C with 74XXX on it. I was wondering what signs can you tell if your clutch is going bad? Eg. When my car warms up i have to give the car more gas for it to move off!!! Is this a sign of a bad clutch? What other signs show a bad clutch???

Thanks in advance,
Jazzy

Usually when your clutch is slipping you know it when you are driving and you put it into gear and it acts like it is in neutral, then clunks into gear. In your case, you car's clutch may just be slipping slightly...or are you taking off uphill? Also, was your B18C recently swapped into something? If you swapped into a car that doesnt have a strong enough clutch to handle the power thuis causing a slipping clutch.

Example: You're driving along and you shift from 2nd to 3rd..when you release the clutch after shifting into 3rd and give it a lil gas to go it just sits there like it's in neutral, then after a second or so it *clunks* into gear. Thats what my friends integra was doing anyway. Hope this helps.

Back