Cobalt pads Spoon caliper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM FACTOR

Hey guys, just got the GT sports in the car, it was really hard to get them between the rotor and the caliper though. The rotors were just re-surfaced due to crappy AEM pads glazing the crap out of them. Well anyways.. I was taking the car out tonight to break the pads in but, when i was going down the road, I noticed the brakes were dragging really bad. I wasnt going fast, only like 15mph or so.. I'm just wondering what i should do.. should i take them out... sand them down until they fit without a problem between the rotor and the caliper.. or should i just leave them and wait until the pads wear down a little. Im just worried about glazing the rotors again. If you guys could drop a line i'd apreciate it.

hey john, sent you a PM by the way :)

other than that, I would call up Aaron to ask him, or I might do so myself to maybe get some insight into the cobalts.

I talked with Andie about the pads, I'm just waiting for a response about the fitment. I forgot to measure the thickness of the AEM pads to the Cobalt Gt Sport pads. Andie Said the Cobalts are OE in size with the stock pads.. so I think all im gonna do is take them out and shave them down with sand paper, until they fit without a problem.

Milan,
p.s Your Ghetto PCS phone company should be giving you a loaner phone, until you get another one!

yeah tell me about it,

first i had to file a police report, now the insurance company wants me to fax the report over with the cops name and id#, there are being PITA's

Back