code 1 issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have had a code 1 flashing on my ecu for awhile now. Its getting old. I lose power the car stutters when the cel kicks after the car drives for about 5 mins. I have replaced the o2 sensor works for about 15 mins. then kicks it again. My mechanic told me that possibly because I have headers and an exhaust with no cat just a resonator and test pipe back to the muffler its not allowing the o2 sensor to heat up enough causing it to kick. Anyone have any suggestions its upsetting when I lose power.:(

yeah my buddy has a b15b7 in his hatch now and hes having the same problem, and i dont know wtf to do. its never done this before. he had a y8,b8, and a b2 in his car and he never had this problem, and hes been using the same headers and exhaust with all the motors thats what i dont get, do you have any ideas JliCRX

the o2 sensor has been in the same place since I got the car thats why I'm confused. it just all of sudden started and I can't get it to go away. I've replaced the o2 sensor, reset the ecu. its so odd.

See if this helps
dtc01.gif

dtc001.gif

DTC1.gif

Last edited:
yeah my friends only really kicks in when driving it for awhile and its and after market bosh which i heard is junk so i was told by some friends at honda is to go get a oem one from the junk yard and try it before going through with any other tests

I don't have a 4 wire o2 sensor its a single wire. but thanks for the info and one thing that caught my eye is that when I do stay in second gear and go wide open throttle the o2 sensor does kick.

I was also looking at advanced auto last night and the beck o2 sensor looks more like the oem. Any ideas if beck is a good quality?

Back