Code 22 (vtec oil pressure switch)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

I have a d16z6 motor in my crx with the obd0-1 conversion harness. My ecu only throws this code 22 when I'm racing at the tracks, right after I get into 4th gear. what could be the problem? I was told it could be that my oil pump is going. I changed the oil gaskets and cleaned the vtec solenoid but still no solution. could it be the pressure switch it self? I know Ecu wiring is correct cause theres power going to the switch. anyone had this problem? thanks in advance!

ive got this same code on my accord f22motor, and its slow as a dog, i can tell you its not a number of things. its not the ecu, and most likely not the oil level, or timing

Originally posted by ratherbewalking@Jul 28 2004, 08:00 AM
most likely not the oil level
[post=369204]Quoted post[/post]​

It very well could be. When the pressure goes down past a certian range, it turns on

At roadcourse, alot of cars suffer from this. When they go through long sweepers, oil flows up the side of the pan, causing the oil pick up to have no oil under it. Then, they end up having dry spots. When this happens, its very easy to spin a bearing.

Drag racers also have this problem but its more at the start. To prevent this in both situations, people either weld baffles in there oil pan, or buy a new oil pan with baffels in them (Morsomo, Mugen, spoon, J's racing, ect)

low oil pressure won't cause a code though- it just won't allow the vtec to activate. that is, after all, what the sensor is for.

check that its wired right and that the sensor works. swap with a known workeing from a buddy's car or something.

Back