code 3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guys i'm throwing a code 3, my map sensor, and it never did it before i did my b16 swap into my 91 GS, but it is now, which is making my idle bad and my fuel super rich. Why would it be doing this now.....i've checked all my vacuum lines there all connected i dont' see any leaks, i'm gonna double check that i didn't mess with a pin at the ecu, and have it tested tomorrow, but if that all turns out ok what can i do??

If nothing wrong with the wires or hose lines, then your MAP sensor start getting bad. Just replace a used one/new one.

hey it happens and thats how sensors go. they never give you warning signs. i would reset your ecu and see if the code comes up again. if it does then just replace the map sensor. when i did my swap just about all of my sensors went in about 3 month period. but i replaced all of them and no problems now for a year. just be thankful you have the obd0 ecu and you can read the codes. obd 1 and 2 you need a scan tool. good luck

obd 1 and 2 you need a scan tool. good luck

Um no, for OBD I you can just jump the service connector.

did you trace the wires back to the ecu? Code 3 is to the MAP sensor electrical connectro. there are two codes that go to a map sensor one is for vacuum... thats code 5, the other is for electrical code 3 which you have. Check the wires back to the ecu for breaks and such if there are breaks then solder new wire in. if no wires are broken check the coltage at the sensor if the voltage is rigth replace the map sensor. I have one if you need it I will sell it for $20 shipped... let me know

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 1 2003, 05:58 PM
did you trace the wires back to the ecu? Code 3 is to the MAP sensor electrical connectro. there are two codes that go to a map sensor one is for vacuum... thats code 5, the other is for electrical code 3 which you have. Check the wires back to the ecu for breaks and such if there are breaks then solder new wire in. if no wires are broken check the coltage at the sensor if the voltage is rigth replace the map sensor. I have one if you need it I will sell it for $20 shipped... let me know

Give me ur screen name, email, get back at me, i need this asap

aim-DAMCOOLDAV
email-TCimport88@hotmail.com

plz hurry i may have someone else getting me one as well, so i will let u know but i have yet to talk to him again, thanks.

What screen name are ou talking about. MSN (chris4583@hotmail.com), Yahoo(lilbmxerstar69@yahoo.com), AIM (integra1990racer)? If you need this part let me know asap. I need the money. Later mna
Brian

sorry i haven't gotten back to ya man, i'm talking about aol dude, i put AIM. anyway i'll get at cha online sometime if i see ya, hopefully i have someone getting me a map sensor, if not i'll buy it from you, let me know.

Back