code 9 driving me nuts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

have a code 9 on my obd0 b16 in my 89hatch, so i tested it and it was shot.. well i tore the sensor out today and found out i tested the wrong wires.. tested again and it has 476 ohms, so i put it back together(putting it as close to the wheel at i could without touching), then i tested for continuity from the sensor to the ecu on both wires and its all good. but still code 9 and it idles weird and sometimes wont run past 3k (limp mode) and this is the only code i have.. its reallt pissing me off

89 civic hatc, stock si harness. i was thinking it could be cam timing causing the code.. so checked it and it was like 3 teeth off, so i took the belt off and set it all right with crank at tdc. and now it barely runs, wont stay running by itself dont rev, i tried adjusting the dizzy and it runs best all the way clockwise but still dont run right, just barely stays running... and also i have gsr cams and gears so im thinking it could be the cams/gears being off some compaired to stock gears.. im lost btw its all obd0 and using pr3 ecu

Back