Coilover Lower mount bolt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGDriver93

Installed Buddy Club N+ Spec Dampers and the lower mounting point onto the LCA, (the fork) has two aluminum shims for the EK, took those out so the EG bolt would fit, but now the original EG bolt is too small......any suggestions?

It is clicking when I shift through the gears because of the torque on the suspension. It's tight, torqued to spec, but I know that clicking is coming from it.

Should I just buy new bolts in the right diameter from the hardware store? What would you guys do?

Forumpic.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah.....you'd think that once you take the shims out that the original EG bolt would fit perfect, NOPE!! its about 1/4" too small. Thanks for the input guys!!

Get that fixed right away. The looseness is causing fretting (surface to surface wear that develops cracks in a metal). You also need to replace it with a high grade bolt. I've been bitten in the ass before when I was too lazy to hunt down a grade 10 fastener. Basically the bolt warped and when I tried to take it apart it was damn near impossible. I'm lucky it didn't snap while driving.

Back