coilover woes :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
1130am...
so as everyone knows ive got the TOSER suspension now.

my front passenger side assembly is blown. i cant adjust the stiffness because henry lost all the parts to do that lol. ive got a few hex lengths on order from mcmaster carr to take care of that though, and a nasty pipe wrench for the height adjustment.

well its not so much blown, but the little cap up top around the shock piston is leaking fluid.

alright, so ive got a front set of much less stiff coil springs from george's old tenzo-r setup. im wondering if i swap in the less stiff springs this will help alleviate the front passenger bounce i get. ie. let the spring absorb more of the hit instead of just bouncing uncontrollably. i think this will benefit because my rear drivers side is taking alot of the weight in retrospect.

any ideas? i'm going to try to swap them out now.

3pm-ish...

i was able to free and raise the PS coilover and put the other spring on. cake.

take the DS one apart, and it falls apart. there is a cap on top of the strut housing and its... not there under the dust guard. also i couldnt free the spring shackles to raise and lower the spring height even with my massive pipe wrench.

suttle differences.... the PS top nut screw is bound and a little stripped, obviously from an idiot taking them apart previously. the DS one looked like it has never come apart before. the PS top nut was tiny and crappy, the DS one was massive like everything else on the coilovers. the PS didnt have a bump stop either.

sigh. looks like im replacing the DS one now too.

total cost accrued so far gets me a new set of K-sports. geebus christ.

this is what the DS one looks like...

l_540da1b8f10512e9185601cd5d60fab7.jpg

henry and one of the rear TOSERs which are in GREAT shape.

l_1aad8a196110465cee1c6527a2870586.jpg

i would!!!!

but

they only make them for the EVO which the front fits but the rears dont due to the AWD rear LCA.

Back