Coilovers for a Supra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
So one of my friends just got a 1996 Supra I have been looking all over for coilovers for him for a reasonable price, and I can't find any for under $1700 that I trust. I was hoping Omni Power made some for a Supra but WOW was I wrong. Any suggestions would help I think he is trying to get something good for under $1000. Thanks in advance.

:lol:

You're not gonna find coilover conversions for it.

All you're gonna find is super expensive full-blown systems. There's no way you're gonna find a set brand new for under a grand. Supra parts = big $$$. Especially mark-4 stuff. If he wants adjustables, be prepared to shell out some major coin. Manufacturers expect that if you can afford a mk-4 you can afford a little more money for parts.

I'm going to have to agree that he is ass out on this one. Civics can get away with it because they start out as cheap econo cars, Supra started out as a mid priced sports car, so anything that is an upgrade is going to be pretty pricey.

For the 4th gen, he should be looking only at a few faces: TRD, TEIN, Bilstein and Eibach. To find these faces, he should be looking in one direction: Used parts market in Japan.

-> Steve

Thanks so very much for all your inputs I have no idea about Toyotas in fact I am still learning Hondas. Thanks again guys I will let my friend know.

I wouldn't include Bilstein in the just for looks catagory, they make some of the best suspension ever.

i wasnt saying they are just for looks, but if all the friend wants is a lower car primarily for looks and not the best handling possible, then just some springs and shocks would be fine, fuck spending 1800 bucks on coilovers.

So by helping my friend for the past 2 days I have learned something you have to be fucking rich to mod a Supra HOLY SHIT. Thank you GOD for Hondas :lol:
I thought my project was expensive boy was I wrong. Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it for I know nothing about Supras.

Not just a Supra, a mk-4 Supra ('93 and up). You can tell by the retail prices on some of those modded ones how rich you gotta be. Those 80k ones probably have almost double that in them.

Originally posted by integraslut78@May 13 2005, 08:44 PM
So by helping my friend for the past 2 days I have learned something you have to be fucking rich to mod a Supra HOLY SHIT. Thank you GOD for Hondas :lol:
I thought my project was expensive boy was I wrong. Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it for I know nothing about Supras.
[post=498888]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, I have seen exhaust that cost as much as my motor.

Back