coilovers or lowering springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joe_cool_in_ak

Hi I have a 98' honda accord and i was thinking about getting lowering springs or coilovers to drop it, but also wanted to improving handeling performance without making everything bumpy so my question i pose to you is... are lowering spirngs better than coil overs or is it the other way around???........my friend got coilovers and said he could feel every little bump in the road and his friend had springs and it was smoother....also (sorry to be a pain) what brand would be best?...i was thinking of going with teins coilovers.

it depends on what brand you go with. the tein basic coilovers are good for daily driving, but personally, i wouldnt run with them on a track. theyll lower your center of gravity and give your suspension better travel (meaning they arent SUPER stiff). If you buy something like skunk2 coilovers you WILL feel every tiny bump.

for some good daily driving suspension, H&R Springs and some agx shocks/struts are always good. the shocks are adjustable, so you can change the dampening to lessen the feel of bumps.

ok but if i got teins, Driving Spec Super Street Damper Coilover System, would that be good for track use? or is pretty much the same as teins basic coilovers?

uhh, no. those are night and day difference from the tein basics. Tein SS are hot. id have em if i could. to answer your question, they can be used on the track, i will tell you, itll take some time (like months) before you get them to the point where you like them. Tuning suspension is time consuming (in my experience) but the result is always smile inducing.

Back